News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Barber Vintage Festival October 5-7, 2018

Started by Chitza, April 04, 2018, 09:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck & Susan

Susan and I will be leaving on the bike Friday sometime. If we get up there early enough Friday we will see ya'll then. If not then we will be there Saturday morning.

@gulfcoaster If you see us on the way up wave but not on my blind side... lol

Sure will be nice to see all the Kool Kids again. It's been so long.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Quote from: Slede on October 02, 2018, 02:57:21 AM
may be able to come Friday, wont know until then

you can still buy tickets at the gate right?

I believe you have to buy tickets at the hotel near the entrance.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

renchinrider

If I don't see y'all sooner, I'll see you at the NAVMC BBQ Social up in Lot D.  I'll be roaming around Saturday, and will come hang out at the tent for a while then.

See y'all there! ;D
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

gulfcoaster

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on October 02, 2018, 08:58:22 AM
Susan and I will be leaving on the bike Friday sometime. If we get up there early enough Friday we will see ya'll then. If not then we will be there Saturday morning.

@gulfcoaster If you see us on the way up wave but not on my blind side... lol

Sure will be nice to see all the Kool Kids again. It's been so long.

Chuck

Looking forward to seeing you and Susan again.  Safe travels on the way up.

lastparrot

Friday after lunch I should make my way over to the swap meet area.  I have flyers for the after party Saturday to hand out and leave.

- lastparrot

island_boy

This will be my first swap meet, and since I joined today, my first chance to meet any of you MA people.  Or BMW MOA.  Or any other club I'm in (Klassic K-bike, etc.)   :D

I'm looking at the site map, no idea where to go or where to start.  I'm riding up from Auburn, so once I get my wristband and stuff from the hotel check-in, I'll ride over and park the bike somewhere.

Then, I'll get a chance to look for y'all.  Thought I'd be riding up with my Motorcycle group from the Auburn location of Church of the Highlands, but seems I'm coming solo.

See y'all Friday, and maybe again on Sunday!

Chip - aka Island Boy

LawnmowerRG

Hey chip
You are welcome to stop by the tents. We will have water and some stuff to snack on. Plenty of seats to rest your bum. Then there is the trailer load of parts.
Also come up to Rails and Ales Saturday night if you can. It about 5 miles from Barbers. The Gyd from "Throttled" and "loud pipes" pod cast will  be there. Food truck and live music.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Chuck A.

Anybody riding down Saturday morning from Decatur/Huntsville area? If I can get away from work I am ride down there. I have never made it to this event due to always working on these dates.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

wavyspike

Quote from: island_boy on October 03, 2018, 05:11:20 PM
This will be my first swap meet, and since I joined today, my first chance to meet any of you MA people.  Or BMW MOA.  Or any other club I'm in (Klassic K-bike, etc.)   :D

I'm looking at the site map, no idea where to go or where to start.  I'm riding up from Auburn, so once I get my wristband and stuff from the hotel check-in, I'll ride over and park the bike somewhere.

Then, I'll get a chance to look for y'all.  Thought I'd be riding up with my Motorcycle group from the Auburn location of Church of the Highlands, but seems I'm coming solo.

See y'all Friday, and maybe again on Sunday!

Chip - aka Island Boy

Hey chip!

I am in auburn too. I doubt my motorcycle is gonna be running by Friday so I'll be in he car, but we should ride sometime. Looking forward to meeting you.

-Chris

Chitza

It's here! We're here! Come see us at the Swap Meet, Row K booths 10-12!! When you enter the park and take a left, the Swap Meet will be on your left directly across from the lake and the Fan Zone. There are 3 gates into the Swap Meet. If you enter the THIRD gate you will be on Row K. How easy is that??

There are some basic rules and things you should be aware of before you come out here:

1. Ticket purchase and Will Call will be at the Hampton Inn on Rex Lake Rd., on the left just before the entrance to Barber Motor Sports(BMS).  It is well marked with Flashing Signs.
2. NO 4wheeled vehicles are allowed in to the park without special designation. Ride your bike! It's easy and free to park. You can park your bike at our booth!
NOTE: no motorized vehicles will be allowed in the Swap Meet during peak times(typically 9a-3p, but this is a fluid assessment of the crowd and can change at any time. The guys at the Swap Meet gates will let you know. You will have to push your bike to the booth during these times. If you enter the third gate, it's an easy, gradual downhill slope to our booth.
3. Helmets must be worn AT ALL TIMES when riding on the perimeter road.
4. Only street legal, motorized bikes are allowed on the perimeter road.
5. NO glass drink containers in the park. Please bring plastic or aluminum bottles or cans.

6. YOU MUST HAVE FUN when hanging out at the Moto-AL booth! There will be food, water, beer, Moto-AL stickers and all the cool kids!

LET'S DO THIS!!!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

island_boy

Let's do it!

Bunch of locals from the Highlands Church Motorcycle club are going, you should ride with us sometime!

Maybe I'll catch you up there!  Leaving around 7:00am tomorrow morning.

Chip

Chitza

Find us at Row K, booths 10-12. If you can't find us, go get your eyes checked!

Chitza