Fountain of youth/adventure brought to you by HARLEY D

Started by Chitza, April 28, 2018, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

merc16

What ?! Give up all your knowledge and experience !  Yes I do have a hidden agenda. I would ask you to get HD to punch out the new Street Rod engine to 800-1000 cc and get rid of that gawd awful sea turtle shaped tank.  ;)
Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on May 11, 2018, 08:23:54 AM
What ?! Give up all your knowledge and experience !  Yes I do have a hidden agenda. I would ask you to get HD to punch out the new Street Rod engine to 800-1000 cc and get rid of that gawd awful sea turtle shaped tank.  ;)

To fugly, give me another XR1200R but stock it with an Olins fully adjustable front end and rear shocks, a 17 inch front wheel (and make available a carbon-fiber  front and back upgrade) reduce the trail by about 3 degrees. A bigger oil cooler than the 2009-2013 ones, with oil cooled heads (like the older ones),  same braking as the older one but have an up-grade to Brembo brakes, a non-swelling gas tank IE not plastic but aluminum. Colors in pearl orange, vivid black. Reset the pegs 2 inches and use a Buel type shifter.
(not that fugly long rod shifter) and I would buy one again.    ;) ;) ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

merc16

Dang Springer , I'm trying to K.I.S.S.
A tank swap and factory big bore kit. You shoulda' bought an ex-race bike series XR. Then possibly contact Beater in Japan for a hand made aluminum tank. Then order BST cf wheels. Then swap a front end off another bike with custom triple tree. Ain't nuttin' a Rex owner wouldn't do. "Amuhwrite" IC4×4 ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

merc16

Anyhooo, we should all be focused on getting Karla in the door working at HD product design and go from there. : D

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on May 11, 2018, 10:22:05 AM
Dang Springer , I'm trying to K.I.S.S.
A tank swap and factory big bore kit. You shoulda' bought an ex-race bike series XR. Then possibly contact Beater in Japan for a hand made aluminum tank. Then order BST cf wheels. Then swap a front end off another bike with custom triple tree. Ain't nuttin' a Rex owner wouldn't do. "Amuhwrite" IC4×4 ?

Sorta did...it was a XR1200 but I upgraded the forks to the XRX model then let RaceTec work a little of their magic on them and the XRX rear brake . Swapped the XR clutch basket out for a XL model. Swap the block of wood Factory seat for a Saddleman. Did away with the pain in the buttocks Factory air filter and built a simple ram-air system with a K+N filter. Black S.S. brake lines front and rear.

Even took it out on the track @Barbers;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

Sum folks jus kant bae satusfyed....

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on May 11, 2018, 04:57:17 PM
Sum folks jus kant bae satusfyed....

Yea...gots a case of the Glens with that one...and alls the ones befores and afters.  :D

Would be nice to find one that "fits" with out all that stuff, ya know?  ;)

merc16

Yea that is true. I do like when I sit on a bike and I feel I won't have to change or add much to it for fit.  Now if I could scrape up enough for a Super Duke. The horsepower is just the icing on the cake of great ergonomics , suspension and brakes.

Justin

maydaymike

Quote from: merc16 on May 11, 2018, 10:26:22 AM
Anyhooo, we should all be focused on getting Karla in the door working at HD product design and go from there. : D

Bad idea.  Most Harley seats are too low as it is. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185