News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Wera @ Lil Tally this weekend

Started by lostinbama, September 30, 2015, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostinbama

Come on out and see us!

"Right Time Road Racing is heading to Little Tally of course! It's out-of-region racing, but racing nonetheless!
Points and championships for our region are already locked in for Shane, so he's going just to race, have fun and qualify for extra classes for the WERA Grand National Finals at Barber Motorsports Park October 23rd-25th of this year.
Brian Tharas is finally ready to make the jump to the grid, and will complete the WERA Rider's School on Saturday to race this weekend. He'll be competing on his Triumph 675.
Nicole is also coming out to race at her best track, and hopes to have fun battling in her races while improving on some personal bests.
What are YOU doing this weekend?? Come out to support the team and motorcycle racing in general! The team is racing both days, so you won't want to miss any of the action!
Where is Little Tally?
Talladega Gran Prix Raceway (Talladega GP Raceway, LLC), aka "Little Tally"
46 Pilgrim Ln
Munford, AL 36268
Don't forget to support Highside Photo (highsidephoto.com) and Tint One, as they do so much to support us and motorcycle racing!"

ColeX2

Woohoo! And that pic :D
Come on out, folks!

SpeedyR

Lee will be there I think doing the photo thing as well.. if you see him slap him in the ass and say "Say My Name!!!". He'll get a laugh out of it and might have a funny story for ya.. :)

DachshundUberAlles

Good luck, have fun, and stay safe at the races. It's going to be too pretty a weekend for me to pass up getting out and riding, but I'll look forward to reading the results report when it's all done.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

ColeX2

Quote from: DachshundUberAlles on October 01, 2015, 08:25:57 AM
Good luck, have fun, and stay safe at the races. It's going to be too pretty a weekend for me to pass up getting out and riding, but I'll look forward to reading the results report when it's all done.
Thanks man! I will definitely have fun :)
And I understand that! You have fun out riding!

RubyRider

Good luck to everyone. Ride safe and fast!
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

lostinbama

My last race of the weekend and the driest one. Listen to all the crap hitting me and my bike. It felt like I was getting roosted at the motocross track again haha I learned a lot about riding in the wet this weekend. I destroyed a rear rain learning, but thankfully I didn't need the back up one Nick hooked me up with. I got to ride with some fast guys and took it all in. I did 4 races and got 4 wins, made some new friends, caught up with a REAL old friend, helped a good friend thru his first race weekend, had a blast hanging out and set my new personal best time on an old mismatched set of tires.
I was content to sit back and tow off the experts, but after almost getting caught up in some shenanigans and losing sight of the leaders, I decided to make a pass when I could.

Here's the video. There's a couple of 1:01's in there and a bonus wheelie on the cool down lap. 3rd gear stand up, no clutch...

DachshundUberAlles

There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

lk2rd

Better check that camera mount.  Toward the end it must of rattled loose- all you see is sky.

ColeX2

Quote from: lk2rd on October 05, 2015, 07:29:51 PM
Better check that camera mount.  Toward the end it must of rattled loose- all you see is sky.
Lol

lostinbama

Quote from: lk2rd on October 05, 2015, 07:29:51 PM

It happens sometimes. Most often on the cool down lap after the race is over...

lostinbama

my rear rain tire after racing on a drying track saturday afternoon. This pic was taken after a very wet morning practice Sunday morning.

The rest of the day was a game of tire choice. Is it going to rain again or will the track dry enough for my slicks? Here is my slicks, on warmers, hanging from straps so the warmer doesn't burn thru the cover and my rear rain. I made the decision to go with slicks during the race before mine. It was a frantic wheel change but we got it done in time. And no, that's not the same rear rains as the first pic.

lostinbama

Here's a video put together for a school project by a local UAB student. I don't know him, but I did see him filming. I think he did a fantastic job with it

DachshundUberAlles

It's so helpful to have another set of (knowledgeable) eyes on the track, looking for the formation of a dry line and paying particular attention to whether there is a "spray" coming off the tires of those currently on the track. People have a tendency to believe that any measure of wetness makes a slick unwise, but a damp track is easily doable as long as it is ridden with enough aggression to keep the heat up.
What sort of "crew" do you have with you when you go? I know how hard it is to do when you're a "one man gang".

lostinbama

Quote from: DachshundUberAlles on October 07, 2015, 11:00:25 AM
It's so helpful to have another set of (knowledgeable) eyes on the track, looking for the formation of a dry line and paying particular attention to whether there is a "spray" coming off the tires of those currently on the track. People have a tendency to believe that any measure of wetness makes a slick unwise, but a damp track is easily doable as long as it is ridden with enough aggression to keep the heat up.
What sort of "crew" do you have with you when you go? I know how hard it is to do when you're a "one man gang".

I've usually got 3-4 other racers pitted with me and we spot and report to each other all weekend long. It's good. Also most people in the pits are nice and friendly, plus I feel like I know most of them anyways, and will tell all when they come off the track before me.