Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cove Rally, September 14-16

Started by MsSGriff, June 07, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Cove Rally

David DoubleEX

I should be at this! I just live in scottsboro so I don't have a good excuse to not come.
I plan to do the dual sport ride.

Hey, anyone want  to help me change my fork seals before this? I have the seals, and a lot of tools, but not fork specific tools. I just lack the knowledge here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

klaviator

John, what time are you planning on starting the DS ride?  I'll plan on the same time for the street ride.

I'm planning on taking the street ride up into TN and making a big loop to the North then East and returning via some of the Alabama twisties such as Crow MTN.  Since we will have plenty of great food for dinner I will try to find someplace where we can get a fairly light lunch rather than plan the ride around a big lunch stop. 

griff

9:00 in the morning is when I was planning to start it. I would probably go earlier but some may be having to head over here Saturday morning. I'd have to look through the post but I think the couple of folks that were wanting to do the road ride didn't realize the DS ride would be at the same time or have had to back out.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

hawkvtx

Quote from: David DoubleEX on September 03, 2018, 11:49:20 PM
I should be at this! I just live in scottsboro so I don't have a good excuse to not come.
I plan to do the dual sport ride.

Hey, anyone want  to help me change my fork seals before this? I have the seals, and a lot of tools, but not fork specific tools. I just lack the knowledge here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did you get your seals changed? I live in Scottsboro too and would be willing to lend a hand. I have a  45 mm and a 41 mm slide hammer to install seals.  Never done them on a bike like yours but hey...what's the worst that could happen?  ::)
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

hawkvtx

Quote from: klaviator on September 10, 2018, 06:31:41 AM
John, what time are you planning on starting the DS ride?  I'll plan on the same time for the street ride.

I'm planning on taking the street ride up into TN and making a big loop to the North then East and returning via some of the Alabama twisties such as Crow MTN.  Since we will have plenty of great food for dinner I will try to find someplace where we can get a fairly light lunch rather than plan the ride around a big lunch stop.

Anything definite on a time and place for the street ride yet?
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

klaviator

Quote from: hawkvtx on September 10, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
Anything definite on a time and place for the street ride yet?

We'll leave at 9 from Griff's house.  Address is in the first post of this thread. 

kylepeterson

is it wheelie time yet ? where's my tent ? who did i loan my fireball ? did anybody push Mulley over in the creek yet ? has David talked his dad into coming yet ? who's gonna take the biggest bike if the staircase of hell ?

excited !
just give 'er the berries !

kylepeterson

don't mind me, I'm just slobbering over all the possibilities...

just give 'er the berries !

Johnny Tobyone

So if you have both type bikes which ride do you choose?? :-\   Guess 90 degrees = street ride for me plus I need to get some seat time on my new to me road bike. I would be coming up Sat AM
R1200R
CRF450L

TWJohn

Now that I geared my Bike back down I have zero interest in a street ride. Looking forward to hitting the trails.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

MsSGriff

We'll be around the house most of Friday. We may step out somewhere local for lunch. John's cell is 256-479-1526. The house phone is 256-776-6963. John's cell phone does forward to the house...most of the time. Once you get to the cove, you probably won't have cell signal. Google maps will get you to the house. We have a Bama Rides sign we will put out by the mailbox (big red metal sign). Sorry to all the purist, John hasn't had time to make a Motorcycle Alabama sign yet. I recommend that you review google maps before you make the ride. Our road is a little wonky. It's one dead end road with quite a few dead end off shoots.

I'm assuming that most people are coming up Saturday morning. Though, we will have dinner available Friday night. Let me know if you plan to camp Friday, so I have a better head count.

PLEASE POST as an RSVP (if you haven't yet), so we will know how much food is needed for Friday/Saturday night. There will be dinner Friday night, pastry type breakfast Saturday morning, Saturday night BBQ dinner, and Sunday morning breakfast casserole.

Sleeping situation: Plenty of tent room, limited hammock trees available, 1 spare bed in the house, 1 very large couch in the living room (U shaped couch...can sleep two), 2 couches in the rec room (love seat that has two recliners and one average length couch), one queen size air mattress, and 1 queen size mattress in the 32' gooseneck car hauler. There is plenty of floor space in the house if attendees want to ditch their tents. There are two inside cats...just an FYI, in case anyone has horrible allergies. Beck has dibs on one of the beds (spare room or trailer)...whichever he prefers, but others can claim the floor space in said room or trailer. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions that I can answer. Looking forward to this event. Y'all come out and help us make it a great weekend.       

Frank Smith

I will smoke enough meat to feed 20-25. Do you think that will be enough? I'll bring rolls and sauce to make sandwiches. I'll deliver the food at 6pm unless you think that's too early/late. Let me know. See you Saturday.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

KevinB

Quote from: MsSGriff on September 12, 2018, 08:47:02 AM
PLEASE POST as an RSVP (if you haven't yet), so we will know how much food is needed for Friday/Saturday night.   

I'll be coming up Saturday morning for the DS ride...I'll grab breakfast on the way.

I should be able to stay for dinner Saturday night, but won't be spending the night.

Lemme know if any other items (drinks, buns/bread, plates, paper towels, condiments, etc.) are needed.

klaviator

I'll come up Friday evening to hang out and eat dinner but I won't be camping.  I'll be there Saturday to lead the street ride and I'll stick around for dinner.  I be glad to bring something to help out.  Maybe some Potato salad or something like that to go with the BBQ?  Let me know if you need anything.

LT

Count me in for street. I'll ride up Friday from Bham and camp both nights. Anyone want to ride up Friday via a curvy route let me know.

Was doing a wkd in Suches but looks like maybe significant rain over that way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk