Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cove Rally, September 14-16

Started by MsSGriff, June 07, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Cove Rally

TWJohn

I will Tent or Cot outside as I am allergic to Cats (Even though I like them).
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Frank Smith

Quote from: klaviator on September 12, 2018, 10:34:50 AM
I'll come up Friday evening to hang out and eat dinner but I won't be camping.  I'll be there Saturday to lead the street ride and I'll stick around for dinner.  I be glad to bring something to help out.  Maybe some Potato salad or something like that to go with the BBQ?  Let me know if you need anything.

Tater salad sounds good
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

Quote from: Frank Smith on September 12, 2018, 02:32:15 PM
Tater salad sounds good

OK, I'll get some.  Griff, do you have room in your fridge for some potato salad if I bring it Friday night?

griff

We sure do. We have a house fridge, rec room fridge, and shop fridge so I'm sure we can find a spot for it. Thanks for bringing it.

Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

hawkvtx

Unless something unforeseen happens I'll be coming up Saturday morning for the street ride. Not sure if I'll be staying for dinner or not but it wouldn't hurt to count this head as well.  As most of you know this Saturday is the TOT as well, so I might break off early and head over to Waterloo... but nothing is written in stone.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

kylepeterson

I'm planning on Friday evening for the duration.
tent camping
if there's a hole i can fill in the food stuff I'll do it
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

Quote from: kylepeterson on September 12, 2018, 04:12:29 PM

if there's a hole i can fill in the food stuff I'll do it

It better be pretty small!   ;D
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

griff

:D :D :D This is MsGriff  :D :D :D I didn't think about being logged into John's account.

Frank, I'm estimating 15 as of right now, so that should be plenty of BBQ. Do you already have the rolls? I can get buns from Sam's if you would rather. Just let me know, so we don't end up with too much bread. :) Dinner at 6 is great. No one is going to argue with the cook. I greatly appreciate you providing the BBQ. It's a big help.

Win, has signed up to bring potato salad.

I already have all the paper products we need. I buy in bulk from Sam's club, so I always have that stuff on hand.

For Dinner Friday night, I will provide taco soup and tortilla chips. It is delicious. ...non alcoholic drinks and paper products...

For Breakfast Saturday, we will have pastries and cereal for those who want it. and coffee

For Dinner Saturday, Frank is bringing BBQ and Sauce and Rolls (unless he wants me to get buns). Win is bringing potato salad. I will provide the paper products (plates, napkins, utensils, and cups), chips and dip, baked beans, slaw, cookies, tea, soft drinks, and water.

Sunday breakfast will be a sausage-Hash brown breakfast casserole. Rolls with Gravy...if I can get someone to make the gravy. I can try, but I'm not the gravy expert. :D and fruit.

I think we have everything covered, but anyone who wants to can donate towards the food fund.

Off road riders need to bring their lunch or I will provide PB&J sandwiches. There will be a lunch stop on the street ride.

Bring your own alcohol or buy it on the way. This is not a dry county, so there are options close by. We have a liquor store approximately 12 miles away and there are gas stations 6 miles away.

TWJohn. you are welcome to sleep in the enclosed trailer if you want. It is a cat free zone, so you wouldn't have to worry about allergies.   

Let me know if there is anything I am missing or if there are other questions.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Mulley

I take that to mean there is no lunch stop for the dualsport ride. Is there a gas stop planned? Will it be near lunch time? If no stop is planned at all everyone needs plan accordingly for water as well as food and gas.

Thank you guys for doing all of this. I know it's a huge undertaking.

As of right now I'm planning to be there Friday evening through Sunday morning and riding dualsport. Hopefully everything goes as planned. I'm really looking forward to this.

I have a quiet 2KW inverter generator, an industrial fan and a large EZ-UP that I plan to bring.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Fencejumper09

Looks like I will be able to make this one! I will ride up Saturday morning for the dual sport ride!

I am a master of sausage gravy if you want me to make some!
I will be on the bike so will throw some money into the hat for food since I won't have much extra space!

Can't wait for this one!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

hellooooooo ! it's gonna be hooligan'd now that fencejumper is in !
just give 'er the berries !

mojo1

I should make it up for the street ride sat morning. Not sure if I will stay for supper as I will be heading back to bham that evening.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

MsSGriff

Up to 17... when John catches up. He'll post about the dual sport ride. He's reading all the post he's missed.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

griff

There will be a gas stop in the morning but well be in the middle of the woods at lunch time. There will be another gas stop if needed late afternoon. I can bring our water filter with me as we will be near some creeks at times. Gas shouldn't be a problem for those with a regular sized fuel tank.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Johnny Tobyone

AM Sat, street ride ,dinner ,no overnite
R1200R
CRF450L