Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cove Rally, September 14-16

Started by MsSGriff, June 07, 2018, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Cove Rally

TWJohn

I will also bring some snack food for Fire time. This is gonna be great!
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

David DoubleEX

Picture from yesterday when me and Wayne were changing my fork seals.. thanks Wayne!!

I will be there Friday evening, riding off road Saturday, and going home Saturday night after dinner. Ready for a good time!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hawkvtx

David putting the wheel back on after suscessfully installing new fork seals. Oddly the forks on this dirt bike are not all that dissimilar to the forks on my cruiser.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

klaviator

It's nice to see people helping each other out.  Good on you Wayne

hawkvtx

Quote from: klaviator on September 13, 2018, 03:45:53 PM
It's nice to see people helping each other out.  Good on you Wayne

Well you know how us godless liberals are...always trying to help others. :D
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

Fencejumper09

@MsSGriff If you would like me to make some sausage gravy I will need a couple supplies. 2lbs of Jimmy Dean sausage (the toothpaste tube kind) spicy if you would like that and some flour!

FYI the frozen Pillsbury biscuits are actually legit!

Like I said, I will bring cash to throw into the kitty since I won't have any cooler space on the bike!

Thanks for all the hard work you all have already put into this!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

griff

In case anyone gets lost, our house number is 256-776-6963.  I'm headed out front with the bamarides sign right now. The house is across the street from the mailbox.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

kylepeterson

Just loaded the bike and went to lunch. It should only take me another 8 hours to get there ;-)

just give 'er the berries !

klaviator

I stopped by Publix and picked up 3 16oz containers of tater salad, 1 macaroni salad and one cole slaw.  I was thinking we might need more?  How many people are we looking at? 

Are there enough chairs there or should I strap a couple of camp chairs to my back seat?

griff

Win,
That should be good. We also got some slaw. I think we are up to 17 at last count. We have probably 10 chairs total out back so a few more won't hurt.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

klaviator

Mulley

I'm in route. Just stopped for gas on Priceville.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

if i get there tonight it will be 930 10.
just give 'er the berries !

Frank Smith

Quote from: griff on September 12, 2018, 05:32:59 PM
:D :D :D This is MsGriff  :D :D :D I didn't think about being logged into John's account.

Frank, I'm estimating 15 as of right now, so that should be plenty of BBQ. Do you already have the rolls? I can get buns from Sam's if you would rather. Just let me know, so we don't end up with too much bread. :) Dinner at 6 is great. No one is going to argue with the cook. I greatly appreciate you providing the BBQ. It's a big help.

Win, has signed up to bring potato salad.

I already have all the paper products we need. I buy in bulk from Sam's club, so I always have that stuff on hand.

For Dinner Friday night, I will provide taco soup and tortilla chips. It is delicious. ...non alcoholic drinks and paper products...

For Breakfast Saturday, we will have pastries and cereal for those who want it. and coffee

For Dinner Saturday, Frank is bringing BBQ and Sauce and Rolls (unless he wants me to get buns). Win is bringing potato salad. I will provide the paper products (plates, napkins, utensils, and cups), chips and dip, baked beans, slaw, cookies, tea, soft drinks, and water.

Sunday breakfast will be a sausage-Hash brown breakfast casserole. Rolls with Gravy...if I can get someone to make the gravy. I can try, but I'm not the gravy expert. :D and fruit.

I think we have everything covered, but anyone who wants to can donate towards the food fund.

Off road riders need to bring their lunch or I will provide PB&J sandwiches. There will be a lunch stop on the street ride.

Bring your own alcohol or buy it on the way. This is not a dry county, so there are options close by. We have a liquor store approximately 12 miles away and there are gas stations 6 miles away.

TWJohn. you are welcome to sleep in the enclosed trailer if you want. It is a cat free zone, so you wouldn't have to worry about allergies.   

Let me know if there is anything I am missing or if there are other questions.

I'm bringing rolls to make sammiches. Just started smoking the pork butts.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Fencejumper09

Beyond belief I am up and finishing prep now. Should be on my way north in 30 minutes!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332