News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Rocky Mountain ATV-MC

Started by kdtrull, June 16, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Longshore gets their fair share of my money too.  Although, they only marginally support the dual sport market for in-stock parts.  I like the place a lot and would buy more there if it was more readily available.  Longshore's service department really pulled me out of the ditch a while back by repairing (for free - by having Kawasaki cover it under warranty even though it was out of warranty) a chronic lemon 4-wheeler I bought at another dealer.  I'm all about giving them as much business as is practical and recommend them to anyone who asks.

That other dealer was in Jasper and I can't remember their name.  Those were some Class 1 jerk-holes down there and I will never set foot in their store again.

KevinB

I frequent Scott's in Gardendale when I can since they're convenient to my side of town. They have a good selection of chemicals/oil and misc. dual-sport/dirtbike stuff, and prices aren't far off from RMATV.

Nice Goat

And don't forget... RMATV has a storefront also, so...

(1) They have overhead also and still outperform most dealers on price and delivery.

(2) They are local to somebody, even if not us.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

I remember when I was ordering RMATV's Battleborn Jacket and Pants.  I was unsure of the fit of the jacket and which size to order.  I called them up, they had me give them a few measurements.  They went and found someone who worked there that was about the same size, and then had him try on the two different sizes to see which fit him better.  Two days later, the perfect fitting jacket was at my door.  Can't say enough for their service.

rider_marc

I'm a fan of Rocky Mountain MC/ATV. Rode by their store in UT last year. Wanted to stop, but I had to keep going. Maybe if I needed something.... Anyone ever see the I-70 signs west of Green River that show RMMC/ATV is a sponsor? Pretty cool to think we have a friend out there!
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

KevinB

A couple of times over the last few months, RMATV has refunded me the difference (in the form of store credit) when items have either gone on sale or there was a price reduction. The credit was given several weeks after I bought and received the items.

I got $9.95 back from the Motion Pro bead breaker tire levers, and $46.63 from a set SW Motech crash bars for the A/T.

I've had stores/websites price match before, but never had one refund the difference a month later due to a temporary sale.

rider_marc

I like shopping with Rocky Mountain ATV-MC too. Have ridden by their store in Helper, UT last summer. Wanted to stop, but just didn't have the time. Besides the AT was loaded and I really didn't need anything. Another neat detail about the store is they are sponsor of a section of I-70 west of Green River, UT. There is nice Rocky Mountain ATV-MC sign recognizing them as a road sponsor.
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

norton73

Back in late April, I was looking over the old GS and the rear tire was looking worn and was gonna need replacing before my planned trip to Lexington KY to watch the Red Mile on May 30th. I have been very happy running Heidenau K60s the last several tire changes so went to order up another rear.

Revzilla had it at a good price when I googled suppliers, so on May 1st I ordered up.  After the order confirmation, I heard nothing. So on the 8th, I sent an email to Customer service inquiring where my order stood. I get a reply on May 12th telling me it is shipping the next day.

No email with a tracking number had hit my inbox by last Friday, May 15th, so I sent another email asking about a status update and a tracking number. I also said I needed this tire soon because I had a trip planned would need to source a tire locally or somewhere else soon. Actually the Red Mile was postponed until June 6th, but better to be prepared.

I recieved a reply  on the 15th at  noon that it hadn't shipped, they had no idea why. On the plus side, they said they weren't going to hold my money hostage and refunded it with an additional $25 store credit for my problems.

I checked Rocky Mountain ATV and they showed the tire with 4 in stock and I should receive it by May 21. Ordered up at 1pm.

Saturday morning I still hadn't recieved an order confirmation by email, so I checked my order history, and...  drum roll!

Shipped Friday afternoon, on a Fed Ex truck in Birmingham out for delivery Saturday.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

gulfcoaster

My experiences with RM ATV have always been nothing short of spectacular.  I was ordering a jacket from them a year or two ago, and called them up to ask about sizing.  They asked for a few measurements, next thing I knew they had went and found someone at the warehouse who was about the same size as me and had him try on two different sizes to see which one fit him best.  Needless to say I was impressed.  And of course they had it shipped out right after I got off the phone.

KevinB

I've placed a couple of orders recently with Revzilla and never got an order confirmation or a shipping notice email on either one. Their shipping times have increased dramatically too.

odell2115

I've had the same experience with Revzilla lately too.  It also meant that I had to call them to get the "Zilla cash" added to my account the next time I wanted to order. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton73

Mounted and balanced yesterday.

Less than 48 hours after ordering.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Sadlsor

Ordered a Michelin Pilot Road 4GT a week or so ago from Rocky Mountain, after ensuring on the phone that they were in stock.
When I asked about shipping, the rep told me he couldn't say, shipping was getting unpredictable and slower. I was perturbed that I could not even get an ETA - I asked him "are we talking 2 weeks? a month?" but he would not commit to ANY kind of ETA.
I thought I would give them a couple days, check for an email with tracking or anything, and if I haven't heard back I'll ask for a refund and order elsewhere.
Got so busy at work, I actually forgot to follow up.
Tire showed up in 3 days.
Mounted yesterday at The Bike Shop.
So I won't complain further. And I'll order the rear in a couple of weeks, after I get to rub off the last $0.45 of life from it.  ;)
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.

Nice Goat

I've been wanting to get some saddlebag mounts for the Africa Twin, so I finally pulled the trigger just after midnight on Friday.  I ordered the Tusk pannier racks with soft luggage mounts.  They were on my doorstep 39 hours later, delivered today at 4pm.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

N4HHE

Is my observation that RM ships tires to Huntsville from Kentucky. Other things have come from California.