News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Is there a lack of domestic beer and conversations about oil weights and tire manufactures in your life?

Do you have fork seals that need replacing but don't want to tackle the job until there's a second set of hands available?

Is your bike making a strange ticking noise or do your dirt bike tires need to be swapped?

If you answered yes to any of these questions or didn't, Thursday Night Wrench Club is for you!

Every Thursday night we get together in someone's garage to drink beer and get greasy. Usually it's minor stuff like fork seal replacements, oil changes and valve adjustments but we've been known to go all the way up to a transmission rebuild over two weeks.

You don't have to have something to work on, just a fondness for wrenching. Post up if you're coming or have something to work on.

Usually we have it at my garage but always looking for new hosts. This week we'll finally be cranking the CB450 I got from @Chitza over a year ago but plenty of bandwidth for more.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

bblass

Here's an example of past events

springer

And where is this sweet and yummy club meeting at this week?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

I'm hosting this week. PM you the address.

kylepeterson

these are some of the best Hangouts possible, without strippers!

if you don't have maintenance issues, come help someone that does, and enjoy some fantastic company in the process!
just give 'er the berries !

bblass

Quote from: kylepeterson on July 09, 2018, 04:08:46 PM
these are some of the best Hangouts possible, without strippers!

Wouldn't be a garage party without strippers!

Fencejumper09

I should be able to make it this week!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson

LawnmowerRG

Well I will be watching possibly participating in the opening ceremony for the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. 
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

bblass

Looking forward to seeing everyone this evening. I've got some natty in the fridge but if your tastes skew more bourgeois you may want to bring your beverage of choice.

If you've never made it out to an event before and live in the Birmingham area, this is a good one. Hope you'll join us!

Also, @IceCold4x4 are you bringing the ZRX for a diagnostic?

Fencejumper09

I'm planning to bring the 690 over for an oil change and some fresh eyes to make sure I'm not missing something before Colorado!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

Sorry, Ben ... work ran over ... not going to make it tonight
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson