News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maydaymike

Quote from: klaviator on July 23, 2018, 03:45:16 PM
I was thinking that.  A few rolls of duct tape maybe?
And a rather large hammer...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

dredman

First time I have logged in on the new site(even had to do a password reset?) but I thought it was important to point out there is really not a lot of cool stuff going on in Alabama - BUT THIS IS CERTAINLY ONE!

Maybe I should not have to say this, but many things are overlooked in today's busy world.  We prioritize based on family and other social commitments (like what's on TV) but I think if you make ONE of these events you will make more.  I would love to see a regular thing where I know I can hang out with the wide variety of moto-folk I remember from back in the day.  Where can you find that nowadays?

I challenge you to make ONE of these TNWC's, I know they have meant alot to me over the past few months, I get a great deal out of them.  How many people do you know that have committed to ONE NIGHT, every week to wrenching on bikes, or drinking beer, or discussing motos, cussing, or just hanging out?  Let me know who that is and I will join them?

I would like to see some old faces, and maybe some more new faces - I bet you will have a good time, I always do.

Look forward to seeing you Thursday night.

lastparrot

Found out that the kids are at a family members so I can try to make it.  Please send the address.

- lastparrot

klaviator

Quote from: dredman on July 24, 2018, 10:54:13 PM
First time I have logged in on the new site(even had to do a password reset?) but I thought it was important to point out there is really not a lot of cool stuff going on in Alabama - BUT THIS IS CERTAINLY ONE!

Maybe I should not have to say this, but many things are overlooked in today's busy world.  We prioritize based on family and other social commitments (like what's on TV) but I think if you make ONE of these events you will make more.  I would love to see a regular thing where I know I can hang out with the wide variety of moto-folk I remember from back in the day.  Where can you find that nowadays?

I challenge you to make ONE of these TNWC's, I know they have meant alot to me over the past few months, I get a great deal out of them.  How many people do you know that have committed to ONE NIGHT, every week to wrenching on bikes, or drinking beer, or discussing motos, cussing, or just hanging out?  Let me know who that is and I will join them?

I would like to see some old faces, and maybe some more new faces - I bet you will have a good time, I always do.

Look forward to seeing you Thursday night.

I can't wait to retire so I can make it to weekday stuff like this.

Don, good to see you posting here!

bblass

As of Thursday night it looks like all of my bikes will be in "pristine" working order... Guess it's time for a new project!

@dredman has been kicking around building an electric bike for awhile now. I think it could be a fun TNWC group endeavor. Maybe we could have it running by barber!

Be on the lookout for an affordable rolling frame and let's make some magic happen
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

2372ighost

What's show time at the blass house?
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

David DoubleEX

Man i wish someone would host in my area. Thats a couple hour drive for me.

Maybe by next time, I will have my new 2 bros exhausts installed on my V-strom and just have to ride down there.

Now to find a way to strap my WR forks to my v Strom so we can change the fork seals....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bblass

I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

kylepeterson

Quote from: David DoubleEX on July 25, 2018, 10:40:56 PM
Man i wish someone would host in my area. Thats a couple hour drive for me.

Maybe by next time, I will have my new 2 bros exhausts installed on my V-strom and just have to ride down there.

Now to find a way to strap my WR forks to my v Strom so we can change the fork seals....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

pool noodles and tie em tight
just give 'er the berries !

LawnmowerRG

I'm in tonight. And I'm bringing a clutch with a bike attatched to it.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

catang5oh

I seem to have started my own garage party, you all have fun!

I'm untouring my Goldwing Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catang5oh

Evidently someone in Maryland is color blind, this does not resemble Pearl Hawkseye Blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

lastparrot

I had a great time tonight, thanks for hosting!

- lastparrot

JBMFT

Good times and great folks! Thanks to everyone who came out for making it a fun night.