News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night! It was a terrific evening of grease, domestic beer, and good conversation.

I failed to take photos again but I'm hoping @springer will post a few of our accomplishments.

Last night we balanced and tuned the CB450, put some new signals on an FZ09 and installed the Eagle Mike doohickey on @2372ighost 's KLR. We also laid out some longer term plans of building an electric bike for vintage fest!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

springer

Quote from: bblass on July 27, 2018, 08:27:06 AM
Thanks to everyone who made it out last night! It was a terrific evening of grease, domestic beer, and good conversation.

I failed to take photos again but I'm hoping @springer will post a few of our accomplishments.

Last night we balanced and tuned the CB450, put some new signals on an FZ09 and installed the Eagle Mike doohickey on @2372ighost 's KLR. We also laid out some longer term plans of building an electric bike for vintage fest!
Stay tuned to this Bat channel! Video encoding even as we speak.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

LawnmowerRG

It ''twas a good evening. I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Reminded me much of old times.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Fencejumper09

That looks like a great turn out!!

With baby blass soon to be joining us, I would like to pick up hosting this event to continue it's momentum! I do not have the two car garage and tasty natty light but I do have a back yard and basement (slightly conditioned) with many tools! If I can get an 85 Goldwing in the basement I think we can get whatever you have to work on inside too!

So if anyone is interested in it I will be hosting the TNWC at my house (less than 1 mile from Ben's) next Thursday 8/9/2018 at around 7:30!

@dknx has mentioned changing a tire and I will be working on the YZ or the Goldwing! The 690 also developed a flat after some Colorado singletrack!

Feel free to message me for my address.

@bblass feel free to come by if you can get that sweet little girl to sleep!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

dknx

bblass

Thanks for covering down @Fencejumper09! Looking forward to seeing everyone at your place next Thursday night!

springer

Not sure that I can make this one but;

I will have to make one in the near future.  ;)

springer

Is this still on for tonight?

bblass

Just welcomed my daughter Madeline home today so I'm out for tonight. I think the next planned one is at @Fencejumper09 's place next Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone then!

Fencejumper09

Dang Ben you are looking swole son!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Those car seats are heavier than they look!

odell2115

I wouldn't mind hosting one of these up in Ashville sometime if there's enough interest.  I've got plenty of tools, a lift, tire changer, music, beer, etc.  It's just a bit of a drive for some.

For those who aren't familiar, Ashville is in St Clair county.  Kind of between Springville and Gadsden, just north of Pell City.  I'm 12 miles from the PC Walmarks.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: odell2115 on August 02, 2018, 04:09:04 PM
I wouldn't mind hosting one of these up in Ashville sometime if there's enough interest.  I've got plenty of tools, a lift, tire changer, music, beer, etc.  It's just a bit of a drive for some.

For those who aren't familiar, Ashville is in St Clair county.  Kind of between Springville and Gadsden, just north of Pell City.  I'm 12 miles from the PC Walmarks.
Id be interested. I work an hour from there. I'm near fort payne. That's decently closer than Birmingham.
Ill keep an eye out for if you decide to host.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk