News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Toyota front tag thingy

Started by springer, July 14, 2018, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Custom front tag thingy made by one of our own, Yamahammer.

Had this made for my Taco, then realized my plastic front bumper didn't have a place to put it.  ::)  Made out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate. You will have to drill the holes to mount it. $5.00+shipping. PM me if you want to pick it up at my home and I will send you the addy.

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

springer

GONE! Well sorta. I visited a friend of mine from work that owns several Toyota trucks. I carried the tag with me in case he wanted it. He then showed me something I didn't know about Toyota pickups.
The center of the pickup bumper is all plastic.  :o No metal at all. Plus the airbag sensors (that I was worried about setting off by drilling into the bumper) are located on the frame.  ::)
He told me how he found out about the center of the bumper being all plastic.  He said he was setting at a traffic light when the left turn light on the traffic light turned green. A car opposite from him at the traffic light started out into the intersection to turn left. As the car was turning one of the front tires broke away from the car and the tire hit his truck dead center of his grill. It busted the grill, front center of the bumper, dented the center front of the hood, and busted the radiator.  :o :o  :o

So yea...it is just there for looks.  :( 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.