News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Scooters and Bamarides

Started by klaviator, September 10, 2015, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Bamarides is a motorcycle forum, right?  What about scooters? 

The great thing about this forum is that all kind of riders on all kinds of bikes are welcome.  No one is looked down on for their choice of bike.  The fact is that some of the most active members on Bamarides happen to ride scooters.  It is not uncommon to have a mix of scooters as well as all kinds of motorcycles all riding together. 

How does this all work?  First, the policy here is that everyone rides their own ride.  In other words, fast riders ride up front, not as fast riders in the back, and we all re group at intersections.  No one gets left behind. 

Second, the scooter riders aren't normally the slowest riders in the group anyway. 

Here's a few pics from past rides:

So, if you ride a scooter, even a small one, we'd love to see you here on bamarides.  There may be some long rides we do that are not suitable for a small (under 200cc) scooter but there is also a lot we do that would be just fine for that smaller scooter.

klaviator

More pics:

ScooterRick

My red Vespa 150 can be seen in a few of Wyn's pictures. I have never had an issue keeping up on the rides I've made. And everyone has been very friendly. Come ride your scooter with us!
"No more Vespa"

klaviator

Rick and I rode our 150cc scooters on a ride with over 20 motorcycles last year.  We had a great time!

One on the Side

I have NEVER had an issue keeping up with most other riders no matter the size, but I will say that when I'm riding the scooter, most will be acting somewhat reasonable on the ride. Much more enjoyable that way.

Mikey

klaviator

Nice pic of your Majesty Mike.

On many other forums scooter riders post about the lack of respect they get from "real" motorcycle riders.  I NEVER got that from anyone on this forum. 

Like I posted earlier, the scooters riders are seldom the slowest ones on a ride.  Here's a great video KDTrull made that shows me riding slow on my little scooter.

klaviator

Here's Scooter Rick on his BV350 having fun in a curve. 

Duanew's Sym HD200 / GSXR1000 hybrid.

Nice Goat

I got to ride Gringo's scooter from Leeds to Pensacola in 2013.  Had a blast.  I'd like one someday.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

Quote from: klaviator on September 12, 2015, 03:47:33 PM
............................ the scooters riders are seldom the slowest ones on a ride.

I definitely have to agree with that. Those things were made for the twisty mountain roads.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

bergman32

The last ride I was on with Win we had a 200cc, 400cc, and 650cc scooters. Good variety of scooters.

gene46

I see another scooter in my future! I started riding 2 years ago (Sept 2013) with a cheap Chinese scooter, then a Kymco 200, then a Burgman 400. I wanted a Honda PCX150 because I am an efficiency nut. However, my commute was 48 miles each way to work, 45 miles of it Interstate. The efficiency and dependability drops too much at the speeds I was having to maintain. I bought a Shadow VLX as a training bike and then in 5/2015 I bought my permanent bike, the 2012 Shadow Spirit 750. Fuel injection, shaft drive, powerful enough for commuting, some 2 up and efficient. I am happy with it, 55+ mpg and enough power for my needs. Looks old school cool, too. However, I keep missing my scooters. Now I have accepted a promotion and work in Gadsden. No Interstate on my commute. It is 40 miles of back roads and 2 lane highways. Max LEGAL speed of 65, most of it 45 and 55 mph. Financially the efficiency difference between Hedone (my Spirit) and a scooter isn't enough to justify the investment, but if I throw in the fun factor.... Maybe I will be able to meet up with you guys on a scooter again one day!