N. Alabama/Tenn. Street Ride Saturday 7-21-18

Started by klaviator, July 18, 2018, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Frank and I met in Gurley a few minutes before 9 and filled up and headed out.  He was on his Tmax and I was on my Majesty so this would be an all Yamaha Scooter ride.  We rode to 65 which took us through Paint Rock Valley then we rode down Crow Mtn and back roads over to 117 into TN where it becomes 56.  We detoured to the Suwannee Natural Bridge where we took our first pics.

klaviator

Then we rode up to 41 which we took a left on and then stopped at this rock lookout.

From there to Winchester there was a lot of traffic and except for the first few miles after that last stop it's a pretty boring ride.  Once we got through the Greater Metropolitan Winchester area :D Traffic lightened up and the roads got interesting again.  We stopped for lunch in Lynchburg and ate at the BBQ Caboose which was very good.  There weren't any available parking spots on the square.....but we were on bikes so we found one anyway.

After lunch we stopped at the Diamond Gusset store where Frank ended up getting some Kevlar jeans. 

After that we headed off.  I had a nice route planned but somehow managed to take a wrong turn and off track.  So we turned around again and tried again.  I took another wrong turn and ended up lost.  Well we weren't really lost because as Jrobinson says: "You ain't lost unless you're outta gas".  Frank pulled out his phone/GPS and we figured out where we were.  We ended up on some pretty good roads and then on to Frank's House were we talked some before I headed home. 

I ended up with 258 miles on my odometer for the day.  Despite a pessimistic weather forecast which called for a pretty good chance of rain all day we had pretty nice weather and it didn't really get hot until after lunch.  We came close to a thunderstorm but never got rained on.

Frank, it was good riding with you and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.