News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport Ride - Monday, Oct. 8

Started by KevinB, August 21, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

custmmc

I'm off Mon and would love to ride with you to Highland Park and Cedartown for lunch.

I will be starting from Oxford.

Speed Zone (formerly Bama Powersports)  has offered to be a meeting/starting point for any organized rides.  If anyone wants, I can meet and lead a group through Iron City and connect FS500, FS531, FS548 to Coleman Lake.

I haven't opened the map to review your route, but I'm willing to follow along or show you the route I normally use to get to HP.

KevinB

Quote from: custmmc on October 04, 2018, 01:00:20 PM
I haven't opened the map to review your route, but I'm willing to follow along or show you the route I normally use to get to HP.

A tour guide would be great.  :)

Mainly wanted to hit Co. Rd. 224 and ride through Terrapin Creek, and check out some off-shoot trails I saw near Bell Rd. and Alabama Rd. at the state line last time I was in the area.

custmmc

Yes 224 is a great route.  I will plan meet you at Coleman Lake.

marquez7890

Johnny Tobyone

R1200R
CRF450L

jrobinson

Johnny Tobyone

Thanks Kevin
Nice ride (except the dust!) of course that's in the rear
R1200R
CRF450L

KevinB

Thanks for coming out today Johnny! @Johnny Tobyone

And thanks Ron for showing us some primo roads/trails! @custmmc

Ron working the GPS on that 950 beast...

KevinB

Johnny on Ron didn't see what happened 2 minutes before snapping this pic...

Note the skid mark leading up to my rear tire.

I had gotten ahead of them and turned to look back to make sure they were still behind me. When I turned back around, I caught a glimpse of a huge spider and web across the trail mere moments before becoming ensnared. I felt the web cling to my neck and knew there was a tarantula somewhere on me (at least it seemed that large just before I hit it ).

I slid to a stop, dumped the bike and started shucking gear...no doubt looking like I was consumed with the invisible fire.

Cahaba

I got out for a couple hours Sat morning and must have run into/through a dozen good sized webs like that which always freak me out a little as I try to use a mirror to find where the spider is.  This one sounded like a rock hit my chest or shoulder guard and I found it crawling on the top of my camelbak right towards my neck.  Must have been the quickest I ever shed that thing as I about flipped out.  So ready for colder weather with less bugs/snakes.

Here he is still clinging to it before his world ended ... oh the size of this thing when his legs were stretched out walking.   Another smaller one was on my helmet and literally dropped down inches from my nose. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

Quote from: KevinB on October 09, 2018, 10:02:01 AM
Johnny on Ron didn't see what happened 2 minutes before snapping this pic...

Note the skid mark leading up to my rear tire.

I had gotten ahead of them and turned to look back to make sure they were still behind me. When I turned back around, I caught a glimpse of a huge spider and web across the trail mere moments before becoming ensnared. I felt the web cling to my neck and knew there was a tarantula somewhere on me (at least it seemed that large just before I hit it ).

I slid to a stop, dumped the bike and started shucking gear...no doubt looking like I was consumed with the invisible fire.

buwahahahahaa!

the invisible fire
just give 'er the berries !