News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

WTB DRZ400 stock seat for re-cover

Started by Sweeper, October 10, 2018, 08:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweeper

I have a Corbin seat on my DRZ and after two days of ds riding, my tail bone is sore. :o
I'm looking for a stock seat that I can recover to suit my delicate behind.

Sweeper

Chitza

I think we have two drz seats in the Vintage trailer.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

I have had a couple of Corbin seats over the years that I have bought. They are all the same at first, hard as a rock but after 500 or so miles something happens. It is 1 of the 2 that takes place;
1. My butt breaks into the seat or
2. The seat breaks into my butt.  ;)

If you bought it new, give it some time, if it came with the motorcycle well, I can not say. Never tried breaking in a used one.

Seat Concepts makes a good seat.

https://seatconcepts.com/

Just a few things to think about /\  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Sweeper

Thanks for the replies. The seat came with the bike so its not new. I've had the same issue with my VFR. I'm not a Corbin butt I guess. I also think that my butt has less meat on it at my age. ;)  I may have to look at some custom work which is why I wanted a stock seat to start from.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Sweeper on October 10, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. The seat came with the bike so its not new. I've had the same issue with my VFR. I'm not a Corbin butt I guess. I also think that my butt has less meat on it at my age. ;)  I may have to look at some custom work which is why I wanted a stock seat to start from.

Corbin is like a saddle, hard as hell and years before it fits

seat concepts is fantastic from day one.

the stock drz seat is somewhere between 2x4 and a church pew.

check out the stocker in the vintage trailer, it's better than mine.
just give 'er the berries !

Sweeper

I picked up two seats from Karla on Saturday. One to put on the bike now and one to recover over the winter. Thanks all for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk