News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Alabama Vintage Riders Digest for Oct 20, 2018

Started by renchinrider, October 21, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

It was a smaller-than-usual gathering of enthusiasts at the Blue Plate this Saturday, given the cold, dreary weather that hit Huntsville overnight.  But the tables were abuzz with great conversation, and excited discussion of riding and rally plans for the coming year.  No doubt, 2019 is going to be active!

Here's what we have coming up:

Oct 27:  36th Annual True Grit 50cc and Grom Fun Run at Two Wheels of Suches.  Join Mike Ashbaugh in participating.  Just PM him on Facebook.   http://twowheelsofsuches.com/event/36-anniversary-true-grits-50cc-fun-run-2-2/?instance_id=101

Oct 27:  Spaghetti Dinner sponsored by Believers On Bikes Chapter, CMA, from 4:00 to 6:30 pm.  Aspel United Methodist Church, 18 Co Rd 539, Scottsboro, AL 35768.  I'll be riding to Scottsboro for this.  Reply to this email and let me know if you would like to join me and ride together!

Nov 1-4:  Lone Star Rally, Galveston, TX  http://www.lonestarrally.com/

Nov 3:  Tom Schuman is going to a bike show in Mississippi.  Care to join him?  Contact him on with a PM on Facebook to learn more!

Nov 10:  We have a BIG day scheduled!

- 8 - 8:30 (ish):  We'll run a slide show featuring photos of NAVMC members who have served in uniform--whether in the military, national service, or as a first responder.  SEND ME A PHOTO (or 2) of YOU in uniform so that I can include it in the slide show.  Photos of family members (parents or children) are also welcome--just send information I can use to identify the individual when their photo pops up on-screen.

- 8 - 9:30:  Breakfast Binge at Blue Plate featuring Special Guest, Genevieve Cook.  Genevieve is a life-long member of the Motor Maids, and has logged ?00,000 miles traveling all over the U.S.  Come hear her talk about the Motor Maids and her life as a motorcyclist!

- 9:30 - 11:00:  Scenic ride from Blue Plate to Tut Fann Veterans Home, 2701 Meridian St N, Huntsville, AL 35811.  Alan Nicholson is leading this ride, so you know it's going to be a treat!

- 11:00 - 1:00:  We'll serve lunch and visit the residents of Tut Fann Veterans Home.

Nov 10:  We'll hold our first 50/50 drawing of the Holiday Season.  Proceeds from the 50/50 drawings will go toward Christmas gifts for needy veterans in the greater Huntsville area.  Do you know of a veteran who is acutely in need?  If so, please PM either RJ Reynolds or Fred Kroeger on Facebook and let them know!  We want to brighten their Holidays!

Dec 8:  NAVMC's annual Christmas Banquet, at the Blue Plate Cafe, from 11 am until 1 pm.  Events will include a slide show, and an auction to benefit an individual or family at the Holidays.

--  If you know of someone (need not be a veteran or motorcyclist) who has a bona-fide need that you wish to nominate for our gift, please either send their information to me at this email address, or PM RJ Reynolds on Facebook.

--  If you have photos you would like to share for use in the slide show, please either save them onto a flash drive and give that flash drive to RJ at a Saturday breakfast, or contact me so we can arrange another form of transfer of your photos.  We want to include them!

--  If you would like to donate items for the auction, please either plan to bring them to our banquet on the 8th, or email me to let me know that you need to deliver them prior.  We'll arrange either pickup or dropoff so that your items help to add proceeds to our Christmas gift.

Dec 21st:  NAVMC's annual gift-packing get-together, to be held at the residence of Mike and Linda Robinson.  This year's gathering will include movies and pot luck!  Watch for additional details coming out in the near future.

Dec 22nd:  NAVMC's annual gift giving day.  All who have participated in this event have been touched by the outpouring of gratitude by recipients.  Make plans to take part this year!  PM Linda Robinson on Facebook to let her know you wish to participate!

Dec 31st:  Last Ride of the Year to the Stagecoach Cafe, 52860 AL-59, Stockton, AL 36579.  I'm planning to travel to Stockton this year.  If any of you wish to join me, please let me know.  Last year, Dauntless Iron Butt Extraordinaire Raymond Cox bundled up and rode to Stockton.  He had a great time there!  I vowed then not to miss it this year, if at all possible!  I also received an open invitation from a MotorcycleAlabama forum member who lives ~20 miles from Stockton to spend the night at his place, where he has accommodations for up to six guests....Hmmm, sounds like more fun all the time!

Jan 26, 2019:  Dania Beach, FL 13th Annual Vintage Bike Show.  I'll be traveling to Florida to join NAVMC member and South Florida resident Bob Brandner for this exciting show.  I was joined last year by Raymond Cox, who rode his Triumph down for the show, and it was a real treat--all the more so considering the fantastic South Florida weather!

July 2019:  Now is the time to go ahead and block your calendars for Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club's Tri-Fest '19, to be held at Two Wheels of Suches during the week/end including July 13-14th.  TOMCC National President Shawn Naylor made the announcement this morning.  This year's inaugural event drew tremendous interest and applause, and there is no doubt that next year's gathering will be larger.  Go ahead and start working reservations and planning for a "Triumph-ant" weekend!

WEEKLY GATHERINGS:

--All of our weekly gatherings are open gatherings of motorcyclists and motorcycle enthusiasts.  These are NOT vintage-specific, and you need not own/ride a bike to participate.  Each presents great opportunities to share some food/drink and enjoy a great time in the company of a wide variety of people who enjoy the world of motorcycling.  Give 'em a try!

Sunday 12pm:  Alan Nicholson's Sunday Afternoon BBQ Rides, originating at noon at Barnes and Noble Booksellers, 2750 Carl T Jones Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35802.

Monday 5pm:  El Portal Restaurant in Hartselle, 1901 US-31, Hartselle, AL 35640

Tuesday 5pm:  Straight to Ale in Huntsville, Campus 805 at the intersection of Clinton Ave and Governors Drive.

Tuesday 5pm:  Champy's Fried Chicken, 120 2nd St, Muscle Shoals

Thursday 5pm:  Sam's Sports Grill, 1208 Beltline Rd SW, Decatur, AL 35601.

Saturday 8am:  Breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe II, corner of S. Memorial Parkway and Byrd Spring Rd.

Please let me know what I've missed.  See you on the road!

Let's Ride!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!