News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Barbers Vintage Festival Preparation

Started by Al Goodwin, October 05, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

This thread will outline my intensive preparation for the upcomingB barbers Vintage Festival.....

Step one, remove misc. tents, tarps, and tools from my '76 Yamaha TY250....

Step #2.....fuel ON.

Step #3....choke out..

Step #4......kick, but just twice....

Twice is all it took.....

Ryanbroome

It seems like a lot of work getting that old thing ready. Don't see how you find time to do it.

Thanks in advance for the show you'll  put on for all the fans!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Ryanbroome on October 06, 2015, 09:57:57 AM
It seems like a lot of work getting that old thing ready. Don't see how you find time to do it.

Thanks in advance for the show you'll  put on for all the fans!

Yeah, it was a tough 3-4 minutes out of my busy 6 days off work, bit I squeezed it into my schedule......just for all my fans out there. :o

Ryanbroome

2smoke

Outstanding! Mr. Goodwin is not only a Trials Riding Champion but a Mechanical Genius as well!  ;D

So I drained last years Vintage Fest fuel from the Suzuki's tank. Added fresh fuel with Startron. She kicked right over!   :D

Al Goodwin

Quote from: 2smoke on October 06, 2015, 07:04:59 PM
Outstanding! Mr. Goodwin is not only a Trials Riding Champion but a Mechanical Genius as well!  ;D

So I drained last years Vintage Fest fuel from the Suzuki's tank. Added fresh fuel with Startron. She kicked right over!   :D

EXCELLENT....we must have gone to the same mechanics institute. 8)

Al Goodwin

Thanks to my intensive preparation, I was able to get a 2nd place today.  15 in my class. 22 clean sections of the 27.  The rain last night made things a bit tricky/slick....

It was a fun day. 8)

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Al Goodwin

Al Goodwin

kdtrull

The man had the black lung dingy fever and still kicked some butt!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kdtrull on October 12, 2015, 09:52:50 PM
The man had the black lung dingy fever and still kicked some butt!

Just a bit of a cough, common cold really....it's been hanging on for a week now.

I'm thinking I'll start practicing on the trials bike a bit more....

Al Goodwin

Al Goodwin

Al Goodwin