News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

robbinsville 10-26 thru 1028

Started by mojo1, October 29, 2018, 08:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

Not much of a ride report, but left out Friday morning in the rain by myself. Rode the interstate up to Mentone and then backroads up through Georgia, Tennessee stopping at the telli café for lunch before making my way over the Cherohala skyway all in the rain and between 40 to 50 degrees.
Saturday morning headed out about 8 going up Deals Gap(40 degrees & raining) where there was literally no one going or coming. I took the Foothills Parkway and little river gorge road to 441 just south of Gatlinburg then heading south to the Blue Ridge pkwy. From the Blue Ridge took 215 south and then some roads over to Hwy 28. I took Tellico Road off of 28 which is a dirt road (mud from all the rain) which was actually fun considering the bike I was on. I made my way on over to Wayah road then up 129 back to the hotel. Sunday coming home was a good ride with no rain and dry roads. There was about 10 miles of dense fog over the Cherohala. Thanks to some good gear I never got cold or wet. I never really stopped to take any pics except one on Tellico road.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

mojo1

Tellico Rd
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

lazeebum

Well, it sounds like you had fun.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

I know you had fun and probably enjoyed some relatively deserted roads.  Someday I'll get out from under all this work and get back to riding too!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."