News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

March Moto Madness 2019

Started by Al Goodwin, November 19, 2018, 11:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

I'm off work Thursday-Sunday for this event.

I'm pretty sure we'll NOT be staying where the rally is held.  We stayed there once....crowded and terrible facilities.  We'll camp at the Cherohala Mountain Trails campground.

Who's going?

.http://marchmotomadness.com/

klaviator

It's a little far off for me to make definite plans but I'm a maybe.

2372ighost

I just put this on my calendar. Someone's going to have to lead me by the hand. 😁
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

norton73

Quote from: Al Goodwin on November 19, 2018, 11:17:50 AM
I'm off work Thursday-Sunday for this event.

I'm pretty sure we'll NOT be staying where the rally is held.  We stayed there once....crowded and terrible facilities.  We'll camp at the Cherohala Mountain Trails campground.

Who's going?

.http://marchmotomadness.com/

still too far out to determine if I may have the weekend off, but I will probably plan on camping at CMT if I go.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Joey A

I will be there along with 2 or 3 other riding buddies.

This will be our first time to attend this event so we decided to stay on the rally grounds.

Most likely we will need to hook up with someone to guide us around
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged
2021 KTM 890 ADV R

klaviator

I have never been to this but will probably go this year. 

lastparrot

Quote from: Joey A on January 11, 2019, 11:36:38 PM
I will be there along with 2 or 3 other riding buddies.

This will be our first time to attend this event so we decided to stay on the rally grounds.

Most likely we will need to hook up with someone to guide us around
I am thinking of going as well.

- lastparrot

dhaynes

Planning to be there again this year. Camping at rally site.

springer

Quote from: dhaynes on January 13, 2019, 09:17:05 AM
I got this book I would like you to sign. ;) Yep, one of those old fashion books, made out of paper.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

renchinrider

Al, I shared the link to your discussion thread with the NAVMC group to see if any of the Vintage guys want to join you and your group at CMT Campground.  More to follow...
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

dhaynes

Quote from: springer on January 13, 2019, 07:04:44 PM
I got this book I would like you to sign. ;) Yep, one of those old fashion books, made out of paper.  :D

Sure... anytime. I work three days a week (Thu-Sat) at BMW Motorcycles of Huntsville; living in Mentone now

Al Goodwin

Quote from: dhaynes on January 14, 2019, 07:51:13 AM
Sure... anytime. I work three days a week (Thu-Sat) at BMW Motorcycles of Huntsville; living in Mentone now

That's a rough life you're living....LOL

dhaynes

klaviator

Quote from: dhaynes on January 13, 2019, 09:17:05 AM

David, since you have been to this before, would you care to share some insight on this event?  For example the pros and cons of stating at the rally site vs someplace else like CMTC. 

dhaynes

I've stayed at the rally site the last two years. For me one big advantage is more interaction with interesting ADV/DS folks from all over the country and several foreign countries. Also the nightly camp bonfire and just the "rally" atmosphere. If you decide to camp on-site I highly recommend getting there as early as possible. It will be crowded and loud at times. I try to camp adjacent the little brook that runs thru the property because the babbling water muffles the overall din a bit when you want to get some sleep. We're a sponsor again this year so I'll be on-site.

Over the years I've stayed many times at Cherohala campground and it's my favorite developed campground in the area. It's only a few miles from the rally site and I'm guessing that it will be pretty thick with campers as well. One big plus there is the tidy restroom/shower rooms. Not gonna be like that on-site at MMM.

Hope that's helpful.