News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Last Ride of the YEAR 2018 Stagecoach ride.

Started by springer, November 30, 2018, 07:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Anyone interested? Been a year or 2 since I last rode down, looking forward to do it again this year...if it is not raining or snowing that is.  :D

If you are not sure what it is here is a video from last year;

Done this ride several times, plan on doing it again this year. Now that I am retired I gots me plenty of time to fill. Plan on meeting in Hoover before daylight and making it back after dark, so dress warm.  ;) I went one time and we had a good group from here, the old site, riding down. I have been there several more times but by myself.  :(

Let's see if we can have a group this year! I will be using the Google of Maps so I should get to lost this time but, ya can never tell.  :D

Just ask @jrobinson or @LawnmowerRG   :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

jrobinson

jrobinson

LawnmowerRG

Umm, I may be in for this this year.
Thanks to Springers GPS we did a couple of dirt roads a couple years ago. I got us back on coarse with my agPS that had avoid Dirt roads turned off.  :D
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

jrou111

I'm a maybe  8)

BTW in case you didn't see, they changed the date of the LRoTY to Saturday, the 29th.

QuoteLast Ride of the Year - 2018...Stagecoach Cafe' Stockton AL

From The Last Ride of the Year FB Page—>
News flash!

The Cafe has just informed me tonight that they are unable to host the event on the 30th this year. There was apparently some miscommunication last month when I thought the 30th was confirmed with the staff.

I know many of you plan vacation time around the event always being on the 30th. All I can do at this point is apologize for this late change in the date to Saturday the 29th.

I would appreciate everyone sharing this change in date with your groups, clubs, forums, and lists.

If this unexpected change keeps you from being able to attend, I am very sorry and I hope you will make plans to attend next year.

John Harrison
IBA#203
Host of the Annual Last Ride of the Year
Always on Dec 30th, except in 2018...

springer

Quote from: jrobinson on November 30, 2018, 08:10:58 PM
Warning: Don't trust Springer's "GPS".  :D

Or my sense of direction, timing, abilities in proper manners, couth, spelling, that math stuff, geography, and...well, you get the idea.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

springer

Quote from: kylepeterson on December 07, 2018, 02:26:08 PM
what? is he practicing the lost art ?

It is mur like perfecting the art of getting lost.  :D I have been to some really great places but I could tell you where they are other than, somewhere Tommy, somewhere, out there in the great beyond!  :D :D :D

renchinrider

Springer, I'm planning on riding down as well.  (Just posted on Nice Goat's thread in "Events":  https://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3261.0

Looks (tentatively like it'll be me and one more Vintage guy from Huntsville, linking up with another member in Cullman, and all of us making a bee-line for the Stagecoach.  I'll keep you posted once our plans are finalized.  If you're departing Hoover before daylight, you'll be ahead of us.  But either way, hope to see you (and all who are daring enough to join you  :D :D) in Stockton!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!