News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2020 Motorcycle Cannonball

Started by renchinrider, December 24, 2018, 08:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

Many thanks to  Cannonball Rider #63, Erik Bahl, for sharing this announcement of the route for the September 2020 Motorcycle Cannonball!
As you can see, the route this time is completely different from years past, and will follow a north-to-south route that covers ~3,400 miles.  The bikes in the 2020 endurance run will all be pre-1930.  This is going to be super-exciting!

I'm already making my plans to travel from Huntsville to Saule Ste Marie, MI by circling the northern circumference of Lake Superior via Thunder Bay, Canada, to observe the Cannonball start.  Then I'll make a bee-line to Myrtle Beach, SC to immerse in the midway stop activities.  From there, I'll travel out to a point just east of El Paso (Van Horn, TX) where I'll turn and head south to Padre Island to observe the finish.  I have a couple of friends in Harlingen, TX, and I've always wanted to tour the Big Bend area.  If all comes together for my planned route, I'll cover ~7,000 miles over the course of the trip...

With almost 18 months to prepare, who wants to ride with me?

Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

Looks like a great trip.  There is another cannonball that year.  The scooter cannonball will run East to West coast and is open to scooters less than 280cc.  I may do it on my Kymco 150.  It would be interesting if the two cannonballs crossed paths.

gulfcoaster

I saw this the other day.  Looks like they're stopping in B'ham one night.  I'm definitely going to make plans to be there as they come in, and check out all the bikes.

klaviator

Quote from: gulfcoaster on December 24, 2018, 09:34:09 AM
I saw this the other day.  Looks like they're stopping in B'ham one night.  I'm definitely going to make plans to be there as they come in, and check out all the bikes.

If I'm not out of town I'll be there too.

renchinrider

Quote from: klaviator on December 24, 2018, 09:04:41 AM
Looks like a great trip.  There is another cannonball that year.  The scooter cannonball will run East to West coast and is open to scooters less than 280cc.  I may do it on my Kymco 150.  It would be interesting if the two cannonballs crossed paths.

Wow!  Now that's cool, especially after I followed Buzz's epic ride about 1-1/2 years ago!  Please share details as dates/route etc are published!

Thanks for sharing, Klav! :)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!