News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Side-car Adventure rider.

Started by springer, January 03, 2019, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Video for the side-car folks here;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Scooter

Cool video and even cooler sidecar rig! I have seen some DMC rigs and they appear to be very nice. Sidecar rigs are fun!
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

merc16

Sooooo Springer, is this the next mod to the AT ?
Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on January 05, 2019, 06:31:23 PM
Sooooo Springer, is this the next mod to the AT ?
It would help me in not dropping the big pig so much...
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

Also, the cool factor would be off the chart !
Justin

Slablog

Helge was at our club rally [The Georgia Mountain Rally] up in Georgia a couple of years and gave a presentation. I think he also has a book or two. The real deal. The tire strategy is great, but expensive to get set up I imagine.

Edit 5/22: My mistake. It wasn't Helge. It was Hawk Hagebak at our rally, promoting his book. Never met Helge.
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

Scooter

I was very lucky and found a new sidecar that a guy had purchase and then changed his mind. It was absolutely complete and still in the crate with all hardware and and instruction manual. At the time, I had several Harley's and so happened I one that the sidecar was designed for. Also at the time, Liberty was still in business and the owner (Pete Lawson) was as helpful to me as if I had bought it from him myself. He never made a dime off me, but responded to every e-mail and phone call during my assembly.
No they are not inexpensive, but once you own one, have a dog that loves it as much as I do, have grandkids that fight over who's gets to ride first, I now consider it just maybe the best money I have ever spent on the sport of motorcycling. Everywhere you stop, someone wants to talk about it. More often than not, you end up giving rides. At Barbers a couple of years ago, a guy ask me to take his wife for a ride. When I got back, a line had formed...
And the best thing about them, as you age, it's got three wheels, you don't have to put your feet down when you stop and you can't drop it!
Scooter

Slablog

QuoteWhen I got back, a line had formed...

To give the wife a ride, or to ride with you?  ???
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

Scooter

Scooter