News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Member Intro

Started by Slablog, January 06, 2019, 07:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slablog

New member here...from SOUTH Alabama. Atmore to be precise. Been living and riding (mostly) up in the north Georgia wilderness and just moved back home a couple years ago. Need some riding friends in this neck of the woods. I ride a BMW F650GS Twin these days. Just don't ride it very much since moving down here for some reason.
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville. 

KevinB

Welcome to MC-AL! I'm just above B'ham...but post up a group ride sometime and you may have some us northerners show up.  :)

springer

Welcome! Make yourself at home. I live in Hueytown BTW. North Georgia has some pretty nice roads, paved and unpaved. South Alabama has a good mix of both to.  So do you have a preference?

If you run across a white hair gentleman with a  white goatee that could be Tom, goes by Magoo. He knows a few good roads down there. ;)   
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Guidedawg

Hello from a cruiser rider up in Montgomery and originally from north Mobile Co.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome to the site. Glad to see someone from the L.A. area joining in.
Susan and I are from Robertsdale and ride a 2016 GoldWing. Be glad to get out and ride with ya. I am always looking for a good excuse to ditch the hunny do list and go ride. Feel free to help me out with that!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Birmingham! We have some great members in your area!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Scooter

Welcome from another Montgomery River!
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Slablog

Quote from: springer on January 06, 2019, 10:02:37 PMNorth Georgia has some pretty nice roads, paved and unpaved. South Alabama has a good mix of both to.  So do you have a preference?

My little GS (Lil Chubb) is called a dual sport, but I prefer mostly paved, but feel pretty confident on dirt and gravel. I just don't do any challenging off road stuff. At my age the fun stops for me when I feel apprehensive or unsure of my abilities, so I stick mostly to the paved and/or packed dirt/gravel. In my youth I've dumped small bikes many times in sand, but these days I would surely break some vital skeletal framework if I fell like that.  :o
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts