News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State...April 5-7

Started by Al Goodwin, January 09, 2019, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

RuckedUp

Does anyone have a GPS grid to the meet up location? Sounds like a fun Saturday outing!

Fencejumper09

Quote from: RuckedUp on April 01, 2019, 02:26:48 PM
Does anyone have a GPS grid to the meet up location? Sounds like a fun Saturday outing!

It is at McDougle Camp in Bankhead.

Post up an introduction when you get a chance with some pics of those sexy 690s listed in your signature!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

griff

The old ktm fired right up. Noticed I had no rear pads left but I had spare in my stash so I swapped those. Adjust the chain, air up the tires, and I should be good to go. How much firewood do you guys want?
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

RuckedUp

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 01, 2019, 04:16:54 PM
It is at McDougle Camp in Bankhead.

Post up an introduction when you get a chance with some pics of those sexy 690s listed in your signature!!
Will do! I did a search for McDougle and was not able to find it on google maps. :(

David DoubleEX

Took some slight searching and you are right, its not on Google maps. But this link will give you directions on how to get there. Clicking the "get directions" button will open maps and take you there.

https://thedyrt.com/camping/alabama/alabama-mcdougle-camp

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 01, 2019, 06:57:48 PM
Took some slight searching and you are right, its not on Google maps. But this link will give you directions on how to get there. Clicking the "get directions" button will open maps and take you there.

https://thedyrt.com/camping/alabama/alabama-mcdougle-camp

Yep....that's it.

yamahamer

I was really hoping to make this again, I had a blast last year but was unprepared.
Work will keep me away again this year.  :-[

Can't wait to see all the pics and hear the stories.

TWJohn

This weekend! I am really looking forward to this.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

I'll be getting there Friday afternoon along with my buddy Steve from Jawja.  I plan on bringing some potato salad and some OJ for breakfast.  I'll have a large cooler in case someone needs to keep something cool.  Is there anything else that might be needed?  Plasticware, cups, paper towels, buns?

I'm thinking maybe some donuts or muffins also. 

2372ighost

Anyone riding up from the Birmingham area?
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

David DoubleEX

I have 8 burgers and 12 hotdogs all with buns, ketchup, and mustard. Plus some cookies, chips, water, and ice.

If anyone needs anything, let me know. I also have a spare air mattress (let me know tonight if you want it).

Looking forward to it!

Al Goodwin

Alright....bacon and sausage bought....Cracker Barrel biscuits ordered....BIG grill hooked up. EZ-Up and another canopy loaded. Small generator for some lighting.  We bought plenty of Lysol and TP for the toilet, we'll give it a good cleaning tomorrow, although it looked pretty good last week.

The route Saturday morning will take us past Brushy Lake where there's a hot shower available....probably should pay the "day use" fee, $5, since camping at McDougle is free anyway..I figure that's the least we could do is pay for the shower use.

If time permitting we'll stop by the natural bridge that's close to our lunch stop.....opinion?

Breakfast will be bacon, biscuits, and sausage....anyone have anything they'd like thrown on the grill it's open for anyone...

Our gas stop will be about 50 miles into the ride....with another 100 or so after that.

2372ighost

I'm bringing some elk sausage for Friday night, leftovers Saturday morning.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Hambone

I'm in!!!  I'll probably be there Saturday morning. What time are we rolling out on the trail?

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Hambone on April 04, 2019, 11:27:16 PM
I'm in!!!  I'll probably be there Saturday morning. What time are we rolling out on the trail?

9ish.....