North Alabama street ride Saturday 2-2-19

Started by klaviator, January 29, 2019, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

Edit:  Forecast is now 63 and sunny

So here's the plan:

Meet at Midway Cycles in Madison:  13550 Hatchett Rd E, Madison, AL 35757

We will depart at 10 AM.  Be there a few minutes early for the ride brief with a full tank of gas.

The ride will wander around on some curvy roads on our way to the Delina store where we will have lunch.  I have never eaten there but heard it's very good.

After that we will go North and pick up 129 to Lynchburg and then more back roads back to the Huntsville area. 

As always this will be a ride at your own pace ride.  I won't be going blazing fast but if you fall behind in the curves we will regroup at all intersections.

Also, I don't have GPS and don't know these road intimately so we may get lost a time or two ???

Forecast for Saturday is dry and 59 degrees.  That's way too nice to sit around the house.  I WILL be going for a ride.  I was thinking of riding up into TN and having lunch at the Delina Store.  Another possibility is to head south and meet up with some riders from the Bham area.  Any interest, preference or suggestions?

I'll come up with a definite plan in the next couple of days.  Stay tuned.

David DoubleEX

My calendar currently shows I'm free Saturday. I will let you know if that changes, otherwise I'm in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

springer

I have plenty of free time, it is the $ that is short.  ;) Will know by Friday.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

This ride is on!  The first post has been edited with the plan.

The latest weather forecast is for sunny and 63!

David DoubleEX

I keep my phone mounted on my bike so let's go get lost! Lol

hawkvtx

Thinking about this one. I was wanting to ride Saturday or Sunday but not sure I want to start out that early. Let you know for sure by tomorrow.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

David DoubleEX

Quote from: hawkvtx on January 31, 2019, 05:01:21 PM
Thinking about this one. I was wanting to ride Saturday or Sunday but not sure I want to start out that early. Let you know for sure by tomorrow.
If you want to come too, we can meet in town and head that way. Just put on some warm gear! I dont remember if your VTX has much storage but I have plenty of space on my V Strom if you want to bring some gear and then want to strip it off later.

-David
(I came by on my WR and we did my fork seals)

Sweeper

I'm going to be there in the morning unless you all decide to run hide. :D
I'll be on the white CB500x sporting the rashed left side.

Randy

klaviator

It's going to be a great day for a ride

See ya'll at 10

Sweeper

It was a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

Yes it was a great day!

I did a ride report here: http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3361.0

Thanks everyone who came out for the ride!