Pop Rave Bi-State II Dual Sport AL-TN 3-2-2019

Started by thinwater, March 01, 2019, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

Re-run for me, fresh chance for you to run the previous Pop Rave Bi-State Dual Sport run.  Meet at Taft Tn crossroads of Old Railroad Bed Rd and Hwy 110 at 9am 3/2/2019.  There is non-ethanol gas there and nick nacks (drink and trimmings).  Kickstands up at 9:20, ride toward Fayetville to start NE, and turn left onto Ballard Hollow Rd, or if you want to avoid the water crossing that got my foot wet, take left Robinson Hollow rd and you can turn right at the end of it and wait for the crew at the other end of Ballard Hollow Rd.  There will be another rest stop / fuel /possible lunch opportunity at Sarge's Shack I assume around 11-11:30.  I plan to ride most of the day and end up in or near Elkmont Al.  There will be multiple opportunities to cut the ride short on a known rd and head home if you don't want to ride all day. 

Sweeper

I'm going to be there unless you tell me there will be too much mud for a CB500X on 70/30 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

Quote from: Sweeper on March 01, 2019, 01:09:47 PM
I'm going to be there unless you tell me there will be too much mud for a CB500X on 70/30 tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it, 70/30 is more true to life than advertisement to what is on my RE Himalayan I'll be running.  BMW 1200 did it with me earlier in the week with 90/10, he did fish tail a little.

KevinB

I'm tentative on this one.

klaviator

If you remember from our last ride I had some pretty worn out tires on my KLR.  A few hundred miles later they were more worn out.  I got motivated enough this afternoon to put on a fresh front tire so at least I can stop and steer ;D 

See ya in the morning.

KevinB

Looks like I'm out guys...if I get out on the bike tomorrow, it'll have to be local.

thinwater

Quote from: KevinB on March 01, 2019, 08:28:37 PM
Looks like I'm out guys...if I get out on the bike tomorrow, it'll have to be local.
Look forward to running with you at another time.  I only hope its good enough to make you wish you were there.

klaviator

Great ride today.  Just made it home about 20 minutes ago after 195 miles and a full day of riding.  I'll post a ride report and pics in a while.

klaviator

rider_marc

Finally got the AT down here yesterday. Haven't ridden in a month now--very unusual. Will join you guys on another ride.
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM