RFP #15, Tennessee Dirt Devil Camp & Ride, June 21-23

Started by Nice Goat, March 11, 2019, 07:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

KevinB

KevinB

kdtrull

KevinB

Glenn and I arrived on Friday and secured the camping spots.

We then set out for lunch in Hohenwald at the Junkyard Dog steakhouse and did a short recon of a couple of locations for the next day's ride...

KevinB

The first section was pretty docile and provided a good warm-up. There were a couple of minor issues that required some roadside/trailside attention...

KevinB

A pretty strong storm blew through Friday night and there was lots of debris evidence on all the roads. We encountered a few smaller downed trees that only covered a portion of the road, but this one required some extra effort to surmount.

Some chose the high line around up a very loose, almost traction-less, hill while others chose the old "heave-ho!" method...

KevinB

Finally...lunch at the Beacon Light Tea Room.

Bring a hearty appetite, the portions are huge. And of course, Glenn sprung for pie...
(forgot to get a pic of the pie)

KevinB

We arrived at the swimming hole just ahead of another approaching storm. Several used the opportunity to cool off...and to take advantage of the bike wash.

KevinB

Someone joked during the day that 5 years ago, this ride would have been littered with Suzuki DR's/DRZ's.  :)  Now those same people are on KTM's (mostly 450/500's, with a 690 and 950 sprinkled in). Orange (and it's white cousin) was definitely the dominant color...

Emgo

I pulled a couple of screen shots from my videos.
Ken

Emgo

Emgo

Emgo

TFancher

Thanks Glenn for organizing another awesome Ride For Pie! Everything seemed to come together for what was close to the perfect ride ! No dust, not too hot, great food and a great group , No major breakdowns or injuries. Spectacular weekend !
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Jwwr