Is riding down to the river on gravel an adventure ride?

Started by klaviator, March 23, 2019, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Late Friday afternoon I posted up a short tide in the Pelham area in Street rides.  It was last minute because I was waiting on Max Motorsports to see if my scooter would be ready for pickup.  So I got the call and posted the ride even though I knew it would be a long shot.

Saturday morning I got in my truck and drove an exciting (not!) 110 miles down to Pelham.  All I have to say about the Birmingham area is that THE TRAFFIC SUCKS!!  When I got there I checked the forum on my phone and saw that Springer had posted that he would be there!

I picked up my scooter.  I wanted to take it on an extended test ride to make sure the ABS was fixed.  Springer showed up before I was ready to ride.  Once I geared up we headed off.  Ridng south on 31 all I can say is THE TRAFFIC SUCKED

I don't know the area.  Springer suggested taking a right to get out of the traffic so we went west on 52.  I tried the brakes many times, they seemed to work OK.  52  was too much of a main road so I turned off on another road.  It was a pretty nice ride.  We passed a road sign saying "River Road".  Maybe it just a coincidence but I have found in the past that roads named river road often go to or along a river

So we u turned back and we rode down River road.  It was a gravel road but Springer was on an Africa Twin and my scooter had an ADV sticker on it so I figured we could handle it.  Soon we came to a road closed sign but we back tracked and turned down another road that went down to the Cahaba River.

Posing my scooter by the river:

Springer and I talked a bit then some "normal" people came by (as opposed to us crazy bikers ;)) so we talked to them too.

Who would have thunk a big adventure bike and little scooter would be out riding together?

Then we headed back to town.  I was getting hungry.  Oh yeah, THE TRAFFIC SUCKED!    We had a light lunch at a taco Bell.  Then I headed back to Max and Springer headed off, hopefully away from the traffic.

Thanks Springer for riding with me.  While it wasn't exactly an epic adventure I enjoyed it.

springer

Any day riding is a good day! I get back home I will start on a video of the ride.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.