News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Street Ride, Sunday 5/05/19

Started by KevinB, May 04, 2019, 01:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

Planning to ride backroads (mostly) from B'ham area and make a loop to Oxford and Roanoke as destinations on my "Alabama World Tour".

Meet at the Hardee's on Cane Creek Rd. in Warrior (just off the #282 exit, I-65...there's also fuel next door). Breakfast at 9a, KSU around 9:30a.

Ride should last 6-7 hours. No lunch plans yet, we'll figure something out on the fly.

springer

Interesting, very interesting.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Great ride today...thanks for coming out guys! @mojo1 @speedfire @Nice Goat

Nice Goat

I haven't had a nice long street ride in a long while.  If you think it is hard keeping up with Kevin when the pavement is dry, you should try it when it's drizzling and the pavement is wet!  Had a lot of fun hanging out with Shane and Greg too.  The real bonus was that Kevin let me ride his Africa Twin.  Honda really did a nice job on that bike.  I was surprised how planted and balanced it feels.  I don't know how it does off road, but it rides great on the street.  And Kevin's exhaust sounds wicked cool.

Anyway, I had 364 miles of pure grins yesterday.  If you're ever in the Roanoke area, the food at Gedley's Family Restaurant was top notch.

KevinB

Two things I didn't get a photo of...

- The old man on the bicycle on AL144 in Ohatchee wearing a perfect replica of a "Where's Waldo" outfit (I don't think it was on purpose).

- The baby alligator road-kill on US431 just east of Ashville on the right fog line...did any of you guys see that too?

Nice Goat

I didn't see either one of those... must've been daydreaming.