News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tennessee Street Ride, Sunday 5-19-19

Started by klaviator, May 07, 2019, 10:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'm planning on a ride into Tennessee on Sunday May 19th.   We will have lunch at either the Old Delina Country Stor or Soda Pop Junction.  There will be plenty of scenic and curvy roads. 

Meet:  Shell Gas Station on HWY 53 in Ardmore, Al.  26804 Main St, Ardmore, AL 35739

Time:  9:45
KSU   10:00

There is a Mcds right next to the Shell station if you want to show up a bit early to get something to eat.

thinwater

I won't be able to do an all day or long ride on Sundays.  You're welcome to come to church with me anytime and us ride afterwards at some other day for a shorter ride when you don't have a compadre.  Anne Wade Rd is a road you'll want to add to your route if you come through Pulaski.  I just found it this past weekend, its paved roughly, and very near the industrial park West side of downtown but it is rural.  That is a great area I look forward to the ride report.

springer

Anyone coming up from Birmingham want to meet-up and ride up together for this? PM or post up!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Sweeper

Just returned from a week of riding in the mountains. I'm interested but need to see if I can get a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinB

I'm tied up that Sunday...hate I'm going to miss this one.

scott59

Off that weekend. About 95% sure i can make it :D will be watching thread

klaviator

Meeting place and time are now set:  Shell station in Ardmore at 9:45.  Details have been added to the first post.

Since Gymkhanna has been cancelled I'll probably do a ride on Saturday as well.  I'm not sure if I will just pre-ride the Sunday route or maybe do something else.  I'll start a new thread once I decide.

Moto Guzzi

As long as work doesn't interfere I should be able to make this ride.

klaviator

I won't be doing a pre-ride on Saturday but Sunday is still on.  Weather looks good with 84 degrees and no rain.

Moto Guzzi

I'm out.  Versys is in the shop and my new back tire for the DR (which should have been delivered yesterday) still hasn't arrived yet.  Hope you have a great ride!

Sweeper

I plan to join you in the morning if you're still going Win.

klaviator

Quote from: Sweeper on May 18, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
I plan to join you in the morning if you're still going Win.

I'll be there.

klaviator

Sweeper and i met at the Shell Station and had a couple of hours of nice riding.  We stayed on the pavement but many of the roads were narrow and rough.

We also did some real nice smooth and curvy roads.  I didn't get a lot of pics today.

Lunch was here:

The weather forecasters had said chance of rain starting at 7PM.  Well it was around 1 and it was coming our way so we decided to try to outrun it by going East.  We rode some real nice roads to Lynchburg where we stopped and waited for the rain to pass by.  We had some ice cream and sat around until the rain stopped.  Then we walked around a bit.

Some cool old cars including this barracuda.

Our bikes got wet but I had a dry ride home.  I'm not sure if sweeper beat the rain home.

Randy it was good riding with you again.

Sweeper

Thanks for making the effort Win. It was a great day even if it didn't go as planned. I crossed the river with a few drops of rain but made it home dry.