News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Soda Pop Junction, 4/19

Started by klaviator, May 01, 2019, 04:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

A while back I figured out there is a lot of really great riding in Tennessee just north of Huntsville.  Since then I have been going back and exploring the area.  Besides being a lot of fun I'd like to learn the area well enough to be able to put together some nice routes for group rides.  Being recently retired I can now do this during the week so I decided to go for a ride on Tuesday.  I posted up the ride in the Street Rides section and Scooter Rick posted that he would ride along.

We met at a Chevron outside of Athens and headed up through Ardmore which will most likely be the meeting place for future rides.  After Ardmore the roads and scenery started getting better.  It was a hazy, partly cloudy day so the lighting was not ideal for getting good pictures.

We wandered around on a zig zag route on remote back roads.

Rick on his BV350.

I was riding my Like 150i

We stopped to check out this historic church in Delrose.

We stayed on the pavement but some of it was rough chip & seal.

There were many yellow fields making for a scenic ride.

It may look like a gravel road but it was paved.

We came up on a lot of birds eating road kill. They often waited until the last second to abandon their dinners.  Having hit large birds a couple of times in the past I slowed down.  In this case I had my camera ready.

klaviator

Our route took us past the Old Delina Country Stor so we stopped to take Pics.

I have stopped here for lunch the past few rides but today I wanted to check out Soda Pop Junchtion in Lynville, Tn.

Not sure what this truck is doing in the middle of this field but it looked like it has been there for a while.

Lynville:

Just like the Old Delina Country Store, Soda Pop Junction is full of old stuff.

More pics of Lynville.

klaviator

So how was the food?  I had a burger and fries.  I think the burger was better than the ones I had at the Old Delina Country Stor.  I'll be going back to this place.  My only concern is that I could see this place being real crowded on weekends.

After lunch we rode some more.

A while later the motor on Rick's scooter just decided to quit running.  It would crank but wouldn't run.  We checked to see if the spark plug cap had fallen off but that wasn't the problem so he called for a tow truck.  His towing policy from Progressive would pay for a tow back home but we where kind of in the middle of nowhere so we had to wait a while for a tow truck.

At least it was a nice day and once we moved into the shade it wasn't hot while we waited.

This tow truck came from Pulaski even though we were just outside of Lewisburg.

This was a bummer but we did have great ride up to this point.  Once Rick's scooter was loaded I headed back home by myself.

The next pic was a bit blurred because I was approaching ludicrous speed ;D

I made it home with 242 miles on the tripmeter.  I filled up a little over half way through the ride and got 83 MPG!  My Smax was more fuel efficient but I guess I can't complain too much.  I was ready to get off the bike by the time I got home but was pretty comfortable most of the ride.

I was was hoping to post up a ride back up to this area on Saturday but the weather forecast is calling for a 100% chance of thunderstorms so that ain't happening.

KevinB

Nice pics...looks like it was a great ride!

Fencejumper09

LUDICROUS SPEED!!

Looks like a great ride!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Hammerdown77

Quote from: klaviator on May 01, 2019, 04:53:54 AM

I was was hoping to post up a ride back up to this area on Saturday but the weather forecast is calling for a 100% chance of thunderstorms so that ain't happening.

Give it a couple of days
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

polarissalesman

great report and pictures as always .....
"keep the rubber side down"