News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The KLR is stayin$

Started by lazeebum, September 03, 2019, 04:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

Well, since my lady friend decided that she likes my KLR better than the Boulevard, we decided to take the KLR to Tellico Plains by way of the trailer.
Now that ain't my favorite thang to do, but along with my lady, I took an oversized cooler, a guitar, and a grill.
I had made plans to stay at Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground. As usual, Wayne and Kelly were excellent host.
Here's a pic of the campground.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

lazeebum

Now Miss Jan is new to the motorcicle werld, but she's catching on real good.
We arrived at the campground Friday afternoon, in time for a short ride. I was in such a hurry, that I forgot my phone.
We started down Reliance road from the campground, and stopped to take in some scenery.
Well, since the place we stopped happened to be one of the many paved roads that intersected Reliance road, I assumed it would circle back into Reliance road. It did, but only after turning into a, at first, smooth gravel road, then a rough gravel road, and then a rutted up gravel road. Keep in mind, I had told Miss Jan that we wouldn't be riding any gravel this trip because of the rain. But I reckon pleasant accidents happen. Cause she enjoyed the whole short ride. I wish I had taken my phone to record her smile when we stopped for a water break. Miss Jan's since of adventure is really cool. So there may be more gravel in our future.

lazeebum

Now Saturday, we did take my phone for picture takin. We road Ballplay road, the paved part of Citico road, and the rest of highway 360.
We ventured over to the circus that is U.S. 129, or Deals Gap. We then took Cherohala skyway back to Tellico Plains. Sunday, we rode a few local, less traveled, but still scenic roads.

lazeebum

Pictures from Deals Gap.

lazeebum

Pictures from Skyway.

lazeebum

Ya can't go to Tellico Plains and not to Bald River falls.

lazeebum

I figgered I'd run into someone I knew while there.
Lo and behold Jeff, aka JWWR camped there Saturday night.

Jwwr

It's a small world! It was good talking to you and Miss Jan!

merc16

This is a good report and pics ! Maybe you have created a new motorcyclist.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Justin

lazeebum

I hope so. I enjoy her company a lot. She is good at spotting classic cars and trucks. Lol...

Nice Goat

That's awesome, Randy.  Glad to see y'all out having fun.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Guidedawg

Glad she is enjoying being a part of your world and that y'all had a good time