News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tellico Plains Trip

Started by mojo1, September 17, 2019, 09:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

I ended up going by myself but still had a blast.

I arrived up there way early for my check in time so I road up to Bald River Falls and explored some other roads in the area, some were rough but still fun.

Saturday morning I left out heading south going down hwy 60 to Suches and on down toward Helen on some nice curvy, scenic roads. From Helen headed back North to Highlands over to Cashiers on some backroads and then winded my way over to Franklin hitting Wayah road to Hwy 129 and over the Cherohala Skyway back to Tellico.

Sunday morning I headed back over Cherohala Skyway to Deals Gap and up to the Foothills Parkway, the new section that just opened up recently is really nice. Made my way down to the Blue Ridge Parkway where the temp was in the 70's over most of it (perfect) getting off on South 215. I winded my way over Wolf Mountain to hwy 107 realizing I need fuel headed south to a gas station I had stopped at Saturday. After leaving there I took a wrong turn from what I had planned but turned out to be good because I found a really good road winding backup to Tilley creek road. From there made my way to Franklin and back to Tellico the same way that I did Saturday.

The weather was great with temps in 70's to 80's . It did cloud up Saturday and had rained in one spot but I never hit any rain the whole trip.

I am not that good at doing trip reports and only took one pic that was just with the Foothills Parkway sign. I didn't slow down a lot because I knew there was a lot of ground to cover to get back to Tellico each day.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Nice Goat

Glad you had a good trip, Greg!  Hate that I couldn't make it.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum