News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Just curious

Started by kdtrull, October 13, 2015, 09:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Do you guys ever run over stuff just for practice?

Nice Goat

I try not to run over anything at speed.  Below 30, I'll sometimes aim for water puddles just to see some spray.  ;D

I'm pretty good at avoiding alligator strips.  Squirrels, birds, roadkill ... not so much.  :o

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Argh Oh

Nope. I've proven more than once that I don't have a DS. OK, the occasional cone...  ???

Chitza

Riding over 2x4s is part of the MSF course. I have been known to practice hopping curbs. I know, most of you don't need that. But my bikes are usually low enough that I have to practice to be sure they have enough clearance.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Ryanbroome

Quote from: kdtrull on October 13, 2015, 09:43:26 PM

What are you practicing for? Monster Jam? Trials? Americas Most Wanted? Changing tubes?

kdtrull

Quote from: Ryanbroome on October 14, 2015, 08:38:20 AM

What are you practicing for? Monster Jam? Trials? Americas Most Wanted? Changing tubes?

More along the lines of gravel in curves, sticks, leaves.  I do it in the hope that if I ever don't see it coming, I might get through it on reflex/muscle memory without having a heart attack.  :)

Ryanbroome

Quote from: kdtrull on October 14, 2015, 09:35:49 AM

More along the lines of gravel in curves, sticks, leaves.  I do it in the hope that if I ever don't see it coming, I might get through it on reflex/muscle memory without having a heart attack.  :)
Probably still have a heart attack but the more aware of the road you are the better off you'll be on having a positive reaction. I don't know if practice makes perfect works in those situations. It's usually luck for me.

kdtrull

Sorry, It was a poorly worded question....vague.  I only meant sneaky road hazards....not cinder blocks and school busses.

Ryanbroome

Quote from: kdtrull on October 14, 2015, 09:55:09 AM
Sorry, It was a poorly worded question....vague.  I only meant sneaky road hazards....not cinder blocks and school busses.

Although you want to avoid those also

Brian A

Winner - Best Post of The Week

Brian A

Quote from: Ryanbroome on October 14, 2015, 10:00:03 AM

Quote from: kdtrull on October 14, 2015, 09:55:09 AM

Although you want to avoid those also

Winner - Second Best Post of The Week.

kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D

KevinB

The politically correct term is "Saltine American".

hmoore

That was milk through the nose funny!!

SlowRoad

Quote from: hmoore on October 14, 2015, 06:21:48 PM
That was milk through the nose funny!!

Why yes, yes it was!! :o