News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Small Adventure Bike from KTM

Started by Nice Goat, November 12, 2019, 05:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

KTM 390 Adventure

6-speed, 3.8 gallon tank, 65 mpg, wet weight around 375 lbs... Seat height about 33", ground clearance around 7" ... But it does not have spoke wheels

This should make a very nice lightweight ADV bike.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

I don't think power numbers have been released yet, but I've read the Duke puts out 43hp.  If they're around that, it would be a pretty impressive little bike.  I'm assuming there will eventually be an R version with 21" spoked wheels.

Fencejumper09

I hate to put it in writing but that would be a fun nimble ride to replace the 690!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

There have been rumors of this bike for years.  It's about time.  It looks like it may be similar to the G310GS in weight but will have more power.  I'd be hesitant to buy this because the 390 engine does not have a good reputation for reliability.  Also, it's not that much lighter than a 1st gen KLR650 which had a wet weight of 401 pounds with 6.1 gallons of gas.

Brian A

norton73

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O78c9cdGDGQ

I'm kinda interested in the CSC RX4. I've got a friend in VA that had a RX3 and loved it. He just took delivery of a RX4. I'll be interested in what he has to say about it after he's had it a while.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

gulfcoaster

Quote from: Brian A on November 13, 2019, 08:39:29 PM
and then there is this to consider......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrgB3OnO_E

I saw that the other day.  Good review.  I've been thinking about their 2 stroke the last year or so.  I've never had a 2 stroke, and it looks like an affordable way to try it out.  Followed the ADV thread on them for a little while, and there were a lot of good things said about it.

LawnmowerRG

Both of those options look interesting.
A decent affordable dual sport has been needed for a while. Maybe the Chinese have finally listened to what the consumer has been asking for. Then there is that while I really don't want to buy Chinese.

Can't wait to see where the KTM goes though.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.