RFP #17 - Tennessee Dirt Devil Camp & Ride, May 29-31

Started by Nice Goat, December 29, 2019, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

DANG.....wish we could make it.  Y'all have fun.

CAUTION to those on "big bikes" that may be 2-up....it's a challenge...LOL

SteveS

Going to make this one!   The last planned ride I made with the group was Dual-sporting the Free State 2018.   Finally the stars align and I don't have a conflict!!   

Nice Goat

Kevin and I completed the pre-ride today.  It's going to be another awesome ride!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

TFancher

I'm in! Probably won't get there until Friday night.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

SteveS

I am, along with 2 friends from work and my son.   We have 2 cabins reserved.

Fancher_SM

Count me in. Looking forward to a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT... WHAT A RIDE!"

Cheers

thinwater

I'm in.  According to child care, wife may ride also, also affects whether we or I show up Friday night or ride up Saturday morning.  Looking forward to it.

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 25, 2020, 07:14:32 PM
Four days... who's coming?

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

joebobjuke

I haven't ridden there before.  Looking forward to it.

KevinB

Maintenance reminder for everyone...make sure your stuff is good to go before Saturday morning so we're not all mocking you trailside while sweating.

Just cleaned my bike up from last weekend's pre-ride, and while cleaning the chain I felt the familiar wheel clunk of shot bearings (which pissed me off, because I'd just installed new SKF bearings last summer).

I rolled it back into the garage and prepared to pull the wheel and bearings in hopes I could find some new ones locally tomorrow. Grabbed the axle nut.. and it was loose.

I must have forgotten to snug it down all the way after installing/adjusting the new chain last week and it gave just enough play to allow some wiggle. Luckily I caught before it wallowed the bearings out somewhere in BFE this weekend.

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: KevinB on May 27, 2020, 09:12:26 PM
Maintenance reminder for everyone...make sure your stuff is good to go before Saturday morning so we're not all mocking you trailside while sweating.

Just cleaned my bike up from last weekend's pre-ride, and while cleaning the chain I felt the familiar wheel clunk of shot bearings (which pissed me off, because I'd just installed new SKF bearings last summer).

I rolled it back into the garage and prepared to pull the wheel and bearings in hopes I could find some new ones locally tomorrow. Grabbed the axle nut.. and it was loose.

I must have forgotten to snug it down all the way after installing/adjusting the new chain last week and it gave just enough play to allow some wiggle. Luckily I caught before it wallowed the bearings out somewhere in BFE this weekend.

But Kevin you are the Maint KING !   :) 
R1200R
CRF450L

Johnny Tobyone

Rivers here came up big time today (mainly central and east I believe).....maybe they did not get so much rain up there.  Or hopefully it will drop out fast for you guys.
R1200R
CRF450L

KevinB

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on May 28, 2020, 07:51:38 AM

But Kevin you are the Maint KING !   :)

And I'll probably still wind up being "that guy"...

Nice Goat

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on May 28, 2020, 08:01:02 AM
Rivers here came up big time today (mainly central and east I believe).....maybe they did not get so much rain up there.  Or hopefully it will drop out fast for you guys.

Johnson's Station (closest observation point to Dirt Devil area):
Last week: Rain total 0.5" (all on Friday), Kevin and I rode Saturday, no problems.
This week: Rain total 0.83" (spread over three days, no rain Friday or Saturday)... I doubt we will have any problems.

Huntsville has had 0.74" in the last 24 hours (1.33" in the last three days), so the ground is more saturated, leading to quickly rising water levels in creeks and streams.   Amazing how 90 miles makes so much difference, but it works to our benefit this time!