News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from Tullahoma, TN

Started by Paint Doc, January 23, 2020, 05:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Doc

I just ran across this forum while looking through my Tapatalk app and decided to check it out. I hope y'all don't mind associating with a Tennessean!

I live in Tullahoma, TN and enjoy riding in northeastern Alabama, usually not any farther south than Guntersville. I rode a KLR650 for about 10 years (and 70,000 miles) until it gave up the ghost. I really enjoyed riding the KLR but ended up replacing it with a new 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 and haven't looked back! It's been a great bike and allows me to travel farther and faster than the KLR.

Hope to meet and ride with some of you soon,

Paint Doc
Paint Doc
2013 V-Strom 650

Mulley

Glad to have you. I live in Springville (Bham) but my dad lives in Manchester. We have a few other TN residents on here. You guys sure have some good riding.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Chitza

Welcome, Paint Doc! We don't mind Tennesseans around here(as long as you don't wear orange 8) ).
We actually have several riders and a few planned rides every year in TN.

Glad you joined us. Keep an eye on the planned rides threads and post up if you want to join in! That's just so they don't leave the meet up point without you :D

Post up a picture of that purdy Vstrom. We like pictures.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

Welcome from paint Rock Valley, just south of Huntland in Alabama.

We ride up to Bell Buckle a couple times a year and go through Tullahoma to get there. I kinda lived in Tullahoma for a couple months. My Parents lived on Hwy 130 while my Dad pastored the Church of God there. He was there from 1977 - 1989. I visited the town a lot during that time.

We are in the cool time of the Riding Season, there are guys riding now. It will get a little busier in March and April.

Holler if you have any questions.

lazeebum

Welcome from Florence, Alabama. I spend a lot of time in Tennessee these days. My lady friend lives west of Lawrenceburg.

thinwater

Welcome from Ardmore, AL.  I'm always interested in dualsport, or "goat trail" / "Pig path" rides on old backroads.  I don't know much about out your way.

Paint Doc

Quote from: jrobinson on January 23, 2020, 09:40:02 PM
Welcome from paint Rock Valley, just south of Huntland in Alabama.

We ride up to Bell Buckle a couple times a year and go through Tullahoma to get there. I kinda lived in Tullahoma for a couple months. My Parents lived on Hwy 130 while my Dad pastored the Church of God there. He was there from 1977 - 1989. I visited the town a lot during that time.

We are in the cool time of the Riding Season, there are guys riding now. It will get a little busier in March and April.

Holler if you have any questions.

We frequently ride through Paint Rock Valley, it's one of our favorite rides!

I grew up in the Center Grove Community behind the old schoolhouse (now a volunteer fire station) just a short distance from Tullahoma. As a kid on my bicycle, I rode the gravel and dirt roads in the river bottoms and farmland where Tims Ford Lake is now. Guess that fostered my love of exploring!

Paint Doc
2013 V-Strom 650

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I lead a lot of rides up into Tennessee.  The rides usually meet in Ardmore or Gurley, AL.  We ride a lot of back roads and have lunch in places like Delina, Lynchburg or Sewannee.  Keep an eye on the rides sections if you'd like to join us on future rides.

Paint Doc

Quote from: Chitza on January 23, 2020, 06:09:41 PM
Welcome, Paint Doc! We don't mind Tennesseans around here(as long as you don't wear orange 8) ).
We actually have several riders and a few planned rides every year in TN.

Glad you joined us. Keep an eye on the planned rides threads and post up if you want to join in! That's just so they don't leave the meet up point without you :D

Post up a picture of that purdy Vstrom. We like pictures.

No, you don't have to worry about me wearing orange. If I were to wear colors, it would be black and gold!

I''ll post up a picture of my Wee-strom shortly. I've been meaning to take an updated photo since I put my caribou panniers system on the bike.
Paint Doc
2013 V-Strom 650

Paint Doc

Quote from: klaviator on January 24, 2020, 09:12:09 AM
Welcome from Huntsville.  I lead a lot of rides up into Tennessee.  The rides usually meet in Ardmore or Gurley, AL.  We ride a lot of back roads and have lunch in places like Delina, Lynchburg or Sewannee.  Keep an eye on the rides sections if you'd like to join us on future rides.

All places I know well. How in the world did you find Delina? Talk about backroad attractions! Did you check out Ebenezer Hollow Rd. (N35 15.707 W86 47.332) near Delina Crossroads?
Paint Doc
2013 V-Strom 650

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Quote from: Paint Doc on January 24, 2020, 09:27:23 AM
All places I know well. How in the world did you find Delina? Talk about backroad attractions! Did you check out Ebenezer Hollow Rd. (N35 15.707 W86 47.332) near Delina Crossroads?

I have ridden Ebenezer hollow road as well as some of the other "goat trails" in the area.  Go to ride reports and you will find several of my rides into TN.

The Old Delina Country Stor has become one of my favorite lunch stops.

Paint Doc

Paint Doc
2013 V-Strom 650