News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Alabama/Tennessee Street ride 12/7/19

Started by klaviator, December 07, 2019, 09:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

On Thursday I posted up a street ride for Saturday.  several people responded that they were coming but on Saturday morning we actually had 11 people show up at the meeting place in Gurley.  Buckeye Doug stopped by to say hi but wasn't riding.  Nice Goat had a rear tire that wasn't holding air so he decided not to ride.  That left 9 of us who were riding.

A couple of pics at the Mapco in Gurley.

We headed East on 72 then north on 65.  We crossed into Tennessee and continued on to Lynchburg.  A couple of pics on the way.

Lynchburg was really crowded.  Someone said there would be a parade later.  We had trouble finding parking spots but eventually found two reasonably close.

Did I mention it was crowded?

We got out of there and headed for Delina via TN 129 and Delina RD.

klaviator

Arriving at our lunch stop.

When we got there, a photographer was taking pics and took some pics of us.  He was doing a story on the Old Delina Country Stor.  I got a pic of him inside where he took more pics and talked with us a bit.

I got his card and sent him an Email so maybe we'll find out if our pics end in some interesting magazine.  We may be stars someday :D :D

klaviator

Getting ready to go ride some more.  Someone commented that this place should rent hammocks so yiu can take a nap after eating lunch :D

We rode some goat trails.  They weren't all this straight.

We did a loop and ended up back here.

I don't know what everyone was looking at here.

The last leg of our ride was from Delina to Ardmore.  I didn't get any pics of that leg.  In Ardmore we talked some before everyone splitting up and heading for home.

The long distance award for this ride (and most of the rides he comes to) was Mojo1.

klaviator

The sun was setting as I got near home so I took a little detour to try to get some pics of the sunset.

I got to my spot just in time.

That's the last of the pics.

Doug and Glenn, it was good seeing you even if you didn't get to ride with us.

For everyone else on the ride, thanks for coming and I hope you got home safe.

Looking forward to riding with Ya'll again when the weather permits.

SoloRider73

Since our ride leader Win is normally taking pics, here are a few with him.

Lynchburg

Delina Country Stor

thinwater

It was a great ride as always!  Thanks for puting it together.
https://youtu.be/jh8xs4fgNAc

ghostcat