News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Presidents Day Bi-State Backroad

Started by thinwater, February 17, 2020, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

I had new OEM scuffless panniers on the Himalayan and with the rear tire being a little worn I refrained from dual sporting.  Didn't want to possible slip and cave in a pannier box first trip out.  I started out too warm for gauntlet winter gloves and warm'r wear underneath the winter suit.  So with the winter liners in the suit I just had a short sleeve T and blue jeans.  I started out to Ardmore at 1:30pm.  Crossed paths with a couple of Harleys in Ardmore starting their journey south.  Went to Elkton and hung left to Prospect, my goal was to lay eyes on Sugar Creek to see about maybe fishing the mouth of it if it had gotten tame yet.  I weaved in and out of Tennessee and Alabama on backroads winding up at the monument of Sam Davis' capture point south of Minor Hill where I crossed Sugar creek the first time not too far south of there.  That's where the work back started.  I returned about 3:30 and met 3 or 4 more fellow riders out taking advantage of the unusually nice February temps.  By the time I came back through West limestone, I had the winter gauntlet gloves on and the heated grips on the 3rd setting.  The temp was either dropping noticeably or the cool had finally soaked in.  Still worked in a paved creek ford on Bass Rd if I remember right even though dual sporting was avoided.

Guidedawg

It sounds like a great way to spend the day!