News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

So you're planning a ride...

Started by Chitza, October 14, 2015, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

I think that if before leaving out on a ride If we don't already have a emergency contact just have them write one down and put it with there drivers license or give it to the ride leader.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Chitza

The point is, it's up to the ride leader. I'm enjoying the discussion and the good ideas :)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

I think y'all are over-thinking it.  Twenty copies is too many.

Everybody should carry two emergency information cards --- one on your person and one for the ride leader.  Seal it in an envelope and sign across the seal, if you are a privacy-nut.  The ride leader should give his copy to the tail gunner.  Problem solved.  Everybody's data is carried by two people.

I made these cards using MS Word, printed them in color, and laminated them.  Took about 15 minutes.

FRONTBACK
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

I agree, Glenn. Overthinking it. Just have a plan for your personal self, one that works for you and each ride leader have a plan for his/her rides. Something simple that works for them.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kdtrull

Quote from: gharshman on October 15, 2015, 07:56:51 PM
I think y'all are over-thinking it.  Twenty copies is too many.

Everybody should carry two emergency information cards --- one on your person and one for the ride leader.  Seal it in an envelope and sign across the seal, if you are a privacy-nut.  The ride leader should give his copy to the tail gunner.  Problem solved.  Everybody's data is carried by two people.

I made these cards using MS Word, printed them in color, and laminated them.  Took about 15 minutes.

FRONTBACK

If this weren't such a serious topic, I'd suspect there is something gravely disturbing hiding behind those grey rectangles that smiley face.  :o

polarissalesman

great topic guys..... think we all should have an emergency ID cards on us at all times...may check into seeing about having some made up , bussiness card sizr front and back...maybe something like this
"keep the rubber side down"

springer

Quote from: Mulley on October 15, 2015, 06:06:05 PM
You could place one of these on your helmet.

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Vital-Medical-ID-Cycling/dp/B001DZLEVK

I know this is an old topic but somehow I missed it on the first go around. I am going with the idea @Mulley posted. /\
I like the sticker that goes on the helmet telling the first responders where to look.  ;)

I ride by myself a lot so that way I am covered no matter if I am in a group or by myself.   ;)

The card will go into my wallet and I will use some of that clear sealing plastic thingy stuff to keep it from being damaged by long term wallet storage.  ;)

Since we are in the middle of riding season it is worth bring this topic back up. So, what have YOU done? ;) ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.