Corona Virus and the 2020 riding season.

Started by klaviator, March 17, 2020, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

I have not eaten inside any restaurants lately, but I like grabbing food to go.  There is a picnic table across the street from Chef Troy's, for example.

I hated having to cancel the Tellico trip in April, but I will reschedule it soon (maybe early August?).  Hopefully some people will be able to join us for a weekend of dual sporting around Tellico!

After that, I plan to keep my riding in Alabama for a while.  As Win said, we don't have enough people leading group rides, and lately all of mine have been out of state, weekend trips, which is a hurdle for some folks.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on July 01, 2020, 11:27:09 AM
I have not eaten inside any restaurants lately, but I like grabbing food to go.  There is a picnic table across the street from Chef Troy's, for example.

I hated having to cancel the Tellico trip in April, but I will reschedule it soon (maybe early August?).  Hopefully some people will be able to join us for a weekend of dual sporting around Tellico!

After that, I plan to keep my riding in Alabama for a while.  As Win said, we don't have enough people leading group rides, and lately all of mine have been out of state, weekend trips, which is a hurdle for some folks.

I spent a few days in Tellico early in June.  The Tellicafe was open for business as where some other restaurants in town.  I plan on going back but hope you don't schedule the first week in August because I'll be in Maggie Valley.

klaviator

The 5 years prior to this I rode rode between 13,000 and 20,000 miles per year.  The first six months of 2020 I rode just under 4,000  miles so I am well below my normal pace.  I expect the second half of the year to be better but I still expect to have a below average year at least in the miles ridden department.  I was hoping to take a trip or two out west this year but I have given up on that idea.  I'm still considering going to Arkansas for a Scooter rally in September.  I'm also planning on spending a week in Maggie Valley in August.  Those will be my only really big trips for the year unless something unexpected comes up.

I'm also looking at some smaller trips.  Dual sporting out of Tellico Plains as well as dual sporting in N. GA. are on my list for the year.

And of course I am looking forward to more local rides.  We have had a good turnout on the rides I have been on so far and I only see that getting better.

I am also looking forward to barber but I wonder what that will be like.  I'm thinking since its mostly outdoors it should be OK.  I just hope we don't have to wear masks while outside.

TN_twowheeladdict

I have had one of the best Motorcycling years in a long time thanks to COVID-19.  Work travel got shut off so I took advantage of it and have done no less than 9 trips to the mountains this spring/summer from 4 to 7 days each. 

I also got reacquainted with all the local riding I have been missing because of schedules.   
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL