News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Kwacker KLX250 Thread

Started by norton73, November 21, 2017, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

Put the new clutch plates in it Friday evening and fresh oil and filter.

Went for a mtn bike ride Saturday morning, then came home to test ride the KLX. Pushed it out of the garage and felt something hit my foot, looked down and there was a small spring rolling across the floor. Looked at it and decided it was the spring from behind the oil filter. Pulled the cover, and sure enough, it was missing. There's nothing to hold it in place on the filter, nor the back of the housing, so I put a big glob of grease on it and buttoned it back up.

No more clutch slip, hammered to bike around the 1 1/2 laners and up Pine Mtn, rode it about 40 miles and started to figure out where I wanted to ride Sunday.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

norton73

Ever since I bought this bike, the FMF pipe has slowly been cooking the turn signal on the right. Recently, Lynn had been complaining she couldn't see my turn signal come on while riding togeather.

I had been looking at alternatives. Most people were installing rear fender eliminators with either LED tail lights with builtin turn signals or relocating the TS at the same time. I kinda liked the long fender to protect my back from rear wheel spray and no one would ever tell me that any of the eliminators still kept them clean. Most relies were it looked better than the stock set up, but I can't see it from the rider's seat, so looks weren't that important for me.

I first bought some flush mounting LED turn signals, but they were too small to cover the old mounting holes and just didn't look like a well done install.

After investigating my options, I bought a fender eliminator kit from TST industries; https://tstindustries.com/tst-led-integrated-tail-light-and-fender-eliminator-system-kawasaki-klx250s-sf.html

I also bought the LED relay.

Install went ok, not to many problems, I wasn't too happy about the extra wires and how they had to be routed, but I finally got it to where I was somewhat happy.

norton73

While the bike was up on the work stand, I did a few other things.

New tires,

New SS line to the rear brake;

Regreased the Swing arm pivot and all the linkage bearings;

Added some lever leashes to reduce the possibility of the frake lever and shift lever getting bent in a crash or getting debris between the lever and bike;

Changed the looks some too;