Dual sport ride Luverne, Al. May 16, 2020

Started by Noworries, May 12, 2020, 08:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noworries

Dual sport ride Saturday May 16, 2020 Luverne, Alabama.

Located in Luverne (about 50 miles south of Montgomery). Meeting at E. L. Turner Park (101 Ball Park Ln. Luverne, AL). There is parking for trucks and trailers. Rider's meeting 9:30am and head out 9:45am. The ride will end back at the park around 5pm. We are never far from the starting point, so you can leave early if the need arises. The dual sport route is about 130-140 miles with about 90-95% dirt. It's mostly county dirt roads, some maintained some not so well. Possibly a couple of off grid spots and a little urban exploring. The route is big ADV bike friendly (well a friend rode it on a 1200GSA with off road rubber) with some sand. I'll be riding a tagged XR400R. Gas, drinks and snacks available along route as needed but this is a rural area so limited choices.

All are welcome. Pace determined by the group. No man left behind. Social distancing applies at stops.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Noworries

Come on down. I posted on Alabama Dual sport /Facebook and ADV /P.A.R. for some guys I ride with from time to time. Some committed, some working on weekend "pass" from the wife. :)

KevinB

Wish I could make it...I'll be in Tellico riding this weekend. Post up if you do another ride...I'd like to check out that part of the state on a D/S.

Noworries

Will do. Tellico is a great area to ride. I try to make it up about twice a year. Have fun.

Gam

Be sure to post up next time you are doing this. I like riding down there, I've been around there 3 or 4 times, but always the same route, runs around Blue Springs, Ariton, Elba, down to the Conecuh NF and then Northwest of where you are. Supposed to head north this weekend, Cohutta, Telllico, or maybe west of TWO,  several dispersed camping corridors are open around there.

Noworries

Noworries

Ride report:
Six riders total. Great weather, no crashes and BBQ. The stuff of an Old Milwaukee beer commercial.