Started by kylepeterson, June 17, 2020, 07:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylepeterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBpc4CJ_co

this is a great example of everything you can do wrong on a ride:

1 ride way beyond your abillities
2 take others with you as a 'group'
3 blame everyone else for what happens

if you slow down the video at the oil slick, you'll see that there are no tire marks in the puddles of oil as the first rider (maxwrist) goes through. when he turns around to check on his crashed buddy, there are now 3 tracks, all in the direction of the 'group' ride. if the SUV had come from the opposite direction, it would have left tracks, unless it poured the oil after crossing that point ;-)

i would just about bet you a dollar the locals are sick of trying to pull out of their driveways on saturday/sunday mornings and being met with a supersport traveling at 115 mph from a blind turn... and finally got the bright idea to 'teach those crotchet rockets a lesson!'.

if you scroll through some of his other videos you'll find out just how terrible a rider he is, terrible passes, terrible lane usage, terrible brake/throttle control. basically, if you look like this, everything is wrong.

the good news is, any tiny attempt at improving the riding skill at this point is an exponential step in the right direction. :-)
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

He's definitely not smooth and controlled like some of our friends, e.g., Kevin, Win, Brian, Pat, etc.  He was riding like a grade A asshat.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

JBMFT

45 seconds into the video and I already don't like him.
If I was ever on a group ride with someone like this I would take off in the opposite direction.

klaviator

Hey! can I have a bad ass nickname like Max Wrist??  Can I can I?

I'll say this about the video.  It looked like a fun road through some nice scenery. 

If I rode like that guy I certainly wouldn't post any videos of my riding.

Sweeper

Quote from: klaviator on June 17, 2020, 09:59:35 PM
Hey! can I have a bad ass nickname like Max Wrist??  Can I can I?

I'll say this about the video.  It looked like a fun road through some nice scenery. 

If I rode like that guy I certainly wouldn't post any videos of my riding.
How about Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk