News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport ride Friday 7/3 ?

Started by klaviator, July 01, 2020, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'd like to get out and ride my KLX on Friday.  I was thinking of going up into TN and wandering around some but if someone has a better idea I'd be up for that as well.

EDIT.  After some discussion here is the plan:

Meeting place:  Shell, 26804 Main St, Ardmore, AL 35739

Time, Meet:  0730
         KSU:   0800

Pack something for lunch as we may or may not stop someplace to eat.  @thinwater will be leading the ride.  This will be an exploration route so we don't know for sure what its like.  I would expect a mix of paved and gravel roads.  No single track or anything really challenging.

terryrussell1

What area in tn are you going to or would you be willing to show some noobs wheeler?

thinwater

I'm liking it, but I can't commit for sure to a particular time and day until I see what the children situation and schedule is for the weekend.  I wan't to semi explore and semi hit some stuff I know is near where I want to explore if nothing else.

David DoubleEX

I'm off friday and my WR needs to get out and go vroom.
Are you going to be sticking to pavement or planning more dirt?
WR is set up for dirt and is barely street legal.  ;)

I may pass if mostly pavement.

thinwater

I would like to leave Ardmore explore a road near Bunker Hill TN continue, connect to one above Delina that I've been told about, then explore the Campbells Station area (knowing that the restaurant is closed), work my way back south via West of Pulaski hitting some stuff I know West of minor hill to also explore a potential road I've never been on Mockerson Rd west of Mt Zion church 6-7 ish miles, angle back to Lester Alabama to hit some of that stuff Sweeper and Klaviator hit with me once upon a time and cut off run near Downtown Elkmont.  That is my personal wishlist for the weekend I'm just saying it.  I don't know for sure when I'd do it Friday or Saturday but that is my personal wishlist.

If it sounds good to you....WE can do it.  Or I might just follow you on your ride and work in my wishlist later.

Just throwing it out there to try and develop the weekend.  My explore road wishlist could be epic, could be blah, don't know...never been there.  That's kinda why I NEED to go, gotsta know.  My explore would take up a long day of riding, that a lot of people might not be willing to bite off, but could bail out wherever.

klaviator

Quote from: thinwater on July 01, 2020, 12:42:11 PM
I would like to leave Ardmore explore a road near Bunker Hill TN continue, connect to one above Delina that I've been told about, then explore the Campbells Station area (knowing that the restaurant is closed), work my way back south via West of Pulaski hitting some stuff I know West of minor hill to also explore a potential road I've never been on Mockerson Rd west of Mt Zion church 6-7 ish miles, angle back to Lester Alabama to hit some of that stuff Sweeper and Klaviator hit with me once upon a time and cut off run near Downtown Elkmont.  That is my personal wishlist for the weekend I'm just saying it.  I don't know for sure when I'd do it Friday or Saturday but that is my personal wishlist.

If it sounds good to you....WE can do it.  Or I might just follow you on your ride and work in my wishlist later.

Just throwing it out there to try and develop the weekend.  My explore road wishlist could be epic, could be blah, don't know...never been there.  That's kinda why I NEED to go, gotsta know.  My explore would take up a long day of riding, that a lot of people might not be willing to bite off, but could bail out wherever.

That would work for me.  I was thinking of exploring TN and those would be new roads for me.  I would prefer to meet fairly early on Friday to beat some of the heat. 

If I lead the ride there is no telling where we would end up.   I don't think that most of the stuff in that area is that hard so newer dual sport riders or bigger adventure bikes should be fine.

klaviator

Quote from: David DoubleEX on July 01, 2020, 12:22:41 PM
I'm off friday and my WR needs to get out and go vroom.
Are you going to be sticking to pavement or planning more dirt?
WR is set up for dirt and is barely street legal.  ;)

I may pass if mostly pavement.

I think it will be a mix of dirt and pavement but I don't know how much of each because I don't know the route.

klaviator

Quote from: terryrussell1 on July 01, 2020, 11:48:55 AM
What area in tn are you going to or would you be willing to show some noobs wheeler?

I'd like to go into TN on Friday.  If that happens I'd consider a shorter ride in Wheeler on Saturday.

Sweeper

I'm in. Haven't ridden the CRF in too long. I'll just have to find a way to avoid the 45 miles on the interstate to get there and back.

thinwater

So, I'm in Friday if you want to Co-wander in between some defined investigative Dualsport roads.  Ya'll pick the time, can't get too early for me, but Sweeper is out a ways don't know when he can be there.  I-65 will be near for the first half is someone wanted to bail. 

Sweeper

Annnd, I'm out. :(  I forgot something I have to do on Friday.

Sweeper

I'm have to help my wife with her horse. It has nothing to do with thinwater being "in". :D

klaviator

I'd prefer to do this Friday but could do Saturday.  Anyone else out there interested?

SoloRider73

I'm off Friday, so I'm in.  My DR needs some dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

OK, how about we meet at the Shell station in Ardmore around 7:30 and plan on getting on the road at 8? 

Next question, pack a lunch or find someplace to eat?