News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New to this forum from Huntsville

Started by dooda, July 04, 2020, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dooda

I enjoy dual sport riding in this area but just learned of this forum yesterday.   I look forward to riding with some of you folks soon.   I've been riding a KLX250 for years and just added a 2012 BMW F800GS.   Jackson County, Sewanee, Little River Canyon, and Leiper's Fork TN are some of my favorite areas.

Guidedawg

You should find several like minded friends here; we have a good contingent of dual sport riders.

Welcome from a cruiser rider in Montgomery!

thinwater

Welcome from Elkmont, kinda I claim Ardmore but post office thinks different.  I'd like to ride around Mentone and Little River Canyon but have never and don't know where to.  Maybe we can trade roads, I know most of the nearest dualsporting north of Huntsville.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

dooda

Quote from: thinwater on July 04, 2020, 04:56:14 PM
Welcome from Elkmont, kinda I claim Ardmore but post office thinks different.  I'd like to ride around Mentone and Little River Canyon but have never and don't know where to.  Maybe we can trade roads, I know most of the nearest dualsporting north of Huntsville.

I'll be glad to trade routes or show you some of my favorites.    I plan and track my rides on the REVER app from rever.co.   If you download the free version and "friend" me then you can see all my rides.   Little River Canyon is a lot of fun.   On the southwest side of Hwy 35 there's a paved scenic route that follows the rim of the canyon.  I went there a couple of months ago and part of it was closed due to storm damage.  On the northeast side of Hwy 35 there's an off road section that follows the river up towards Desoto Falls State Park.

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I just picked up a KLX250 so I'm back in the Dual Sport game.  Looking forward to riding with you sometime.

KevinB

norton73

Welcome from a fellow KLX rider from Springville.  Hopefully get to ride with you in the future.

I've ridden a bunch around Little River Canyon (and kayaked it a bunch too)

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Billyjoe Jimbob

Hi. I'm from Huntsville as well and just joined the group today, myself.
BjJb