Ride For Pie! Mt Pleasant Grill! WEDNESDAY July 8th 2020!

Started by buddymc, July 05, 2020, 02:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddymc

We are heading to the historic Mt. Pleasant Grill in beautiful downtown Mt Pleasant TN!  www.mtpleasantgrill.com for those who want to check it out first. 

Dealo is this:  Wednesday July 8th.  You can pick ONE of THREE MEETING POINTS. 

ONE:  Midway Cycle in Madison on Hwy 72 at 8am.  Probably see Steve, Dean, Bob, and Kenneth there, maybe Win as well?  KSU by 8:30.

TWO:  Bojangles on the Parkway at Winchester Road at 8:30.  Meeting Wendy, Mark GB, Jim, Curtis, maybe others?  KSU by 9 or whenever the group from ONE shows up!

THREE:  Elkton at Church Street and Hwy 31, intersection of 273.  Should be crosssing there about 9:45.  Just in case Thinwater or others can make the ride?

Approximately a 2 hour ride from BoJangles, but we'll stop a couple of times along the way to stretch old bones and get a chance to talk.  Expect we'll have at least two Riders who are walking wounded and will need the breaks.  NO main highways if they can be avoided, so backroads for the most part.  All size bikes including scooters are invited. 

A head count may be necessary to tell the restaurant we're coming!
84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

klaviator

I will try to make this.  I'll let you know for sure on Tuesday.  I'm thinking of riding my 150cc scooter.

thinwater

Quote from: buddymc on July 05, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
  Just in case Thinwater or others can make the ride?

Thinwater is still a slave to the system, can't make a Wednesday ride.

buddymc

But Thinwater got the information and communication occurred!  Progress has been made!  We have advanced the ball!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

I'll PM my address so you can forward my RFP franchise fee. :D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on July 06, 2020, 03:35:23 PM
I'll PM my address so you can forward my RFP franchise fee. :D

I don't think he realizes that RFP on this forum means he has to buy the pie!

jrobinson

Quote from: klaviator on July 06, 2020, 05:13:30 PM
I don't think he realizes that RFP on this forum means he has to buy the pie!

He'll learn on Wednesday.  :D

buddymc

Honestly I KNEW I was "appropriating" the franchise term and would have asked for permission but couldn't remember exactly which Guy was the term's originator!  Thought using that approach might even help promote the forum!  Everybody knows that term.

buddymc

I'm going to see if those going are interested in stopping by Tenn South Distillery on the way home for a tasting / tour, since it is on our way home.  Come join us!

Nice Goat

Quote from: buddymc on July 06, 2020, 05:50:18 PM
Honestly I KNEW I was "appropriating" the franchise term and would have asked for permission but couldn't remember exactly which Guy was the term's originator!  Thought using that approach might even help promote the forum!  Everybody knows that term.

It's all good, buddy.  Whatever gets people riding!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I'll see you at Midway at 8:00.  After you leave Midway I will take a different route and then meet you in Elkton.  It seems way out of the way to go all the way across town to the Bo Jangles and then to Elkton and I'm pretty sure my route will be much more fun.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

klaviator

The chance of rain was forecast to be 80% for this ride.  We decided to go anyway.  I got to Midway Cycles early and was soon joined by a few other riders.

Another part of the group was meeting on the other side of town.  The plan was for both groups to meet up and go to Elkton which was another potential meeting spot.  I decided I didn't want to be doing a bunch of riding on boring roads so I chose to head up to Elkton to meet the group.  @Prestone on his FJR1300 decided to join me.  We rode some nice back roads and ended up in Elkton to wait for the group.

Preston wasn't really feeling up to the ride so he decided to head home.  @buddymc  rode up saying the group was just down the road at a gas station so I rode there.

klaviator

We ended up with to riders on 10 bikes and headed for Mt Pleasant via some back roads, many of which I had never been on.

Another stop.  buddymc's Goldwing.

Over the shoulder shot.

klaviator

We're cruising along at 55 or so and my engine just died ???

So I removed some bodywork to check the spark plug cap.  Yep, it had fallen off so i put it back on.  While everyone was stopped someone noticed that one of the bikes had a flat tire so that had to be fixed as well.  Luckily plenty of people had plug kits and tire pumps.

After that it was about 10 more miles to Mt Pleasant for lunch.