News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2020 July 11

Started by thinwater, July 13, 2020, 06:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

We decided to skip breakfast, save appetite, and ride a small dualsport ride before the heat set in.  Lunch destination being Delina Store and then get on back before the pleasantness turns to misery.  PepperLady learned something about the Suzuki DR200SE as compared to her Honda CRF 250L......Its cooler when its hot because it doesn't have radiators right in front of the thighs pitching out heat!  The Honda CRF she affectionately refers to as Rick has been side stepped for several weeks while getting acquainted with her new to her DR200.  She took Rick to keep it lubed up and charged up and in good ready order since its the "road distance dualsport".  Some extra entertainment was had when we happened upon a Cropduster, I think I got a decent shot of it.  One favorite non paved road was rough slight technical again due to a deluge of rain recently had rearranged the gravel and carved some ruts as it rushed down the hill, it was nice for a change but I bet it aggravates the county workers who'd smoothed it out not too long ago.  As we once pulled out on divided highway on 64, I remembered her complaining about not being able to catch up as quick on the DR.   Knowing that she was on Rick I flogged the Himalayan for all it was worth going through the gears, immediately putting a little distance as I gave her no warning.  Then over the Cardo I hear "Thats what I'm talking about", and I check the mirror to see her right behind me.  She'd missed the catch up power of the bored Honda now a 304cc with full exhaust mods and a power tuner.  Later back home she told me if she'd known we weren't going to turn soon she'd have just blown by.  ha ha  We checked an almost abandoned downtown I hadn't visited in a while, got some photo opportunities there and I guess due to Covid boredom an artist had taken his spare time to do a big mural.  Then on to more dualsporting to a favorite spot the Ole Delina Stor. 
https://youtu.be/2Fi7ASk95c0

Guidedawg

I enjoyed the footage; thanks for sharing!  It looks like a nice ride out to the middle of nowhere.

buddymc

Swear you need to show me those roads!  Think my F bike can handle those without issue!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.