News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Natchez Trace Parkway on the V7

Started by SoloRider73, August 17, 2020, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoloRider73

I rode around Bankhead on Saturday on my DR650.  No pictures but the weather was good.  I decided to take the V7 out on Sunday.  I rode from Huntsville to Columbia TN where I caught the parkway.  From Columbia I rode down the parkway to Tupelo MS.  I was considering riding further but a storm popped up between Tupelo and Jackson and I wasn't in the mood to get intentionally wet.  I ended up taking backroads from Tupelo through Bankhead and back to Huntsville.

The Steed

Some Nature

The temperature noticeably dropped in stretches lined by trees.

Tennessee River

Guidedawg

I look forward to riding the length of it from Natchez up one day.

Nice Goat

Quote from: Guidedawg on August 18, 2020, 09:16:50 AM

Me too.  Maybe one day the National Park Service will reopen the campgrounds.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

Quote from: Nice Goat on August 18, 2020, 05:48:32 PM

Me too.  Maybe one day the National Park Service will reopen the campgrounds.

I talked to the maintenance guy at Lewis Memorial, and he said they were cleaning the campground.

SoloRider73

It's a beautiful road that every motorcyclist in the area should ride at least once.  I've never ridden the whole thing, but might make a good ironbutt ride.

Guidedawg

I suspect that 50mph limit might not be conducive to the Ironbutt time restraints  ;)
Besides, it's a route (I assume) best appreciated by frequent stops along the way to enjoy the history.

N4HHE

Quote from: Guidedawg on August 31, 2020, 04:34:21 PM
I suspect that 50mph limit might not be conducive to the Ironbutt time restraints  ;)
Besides, it's a route (I assume) best appreciated by frequent stops along the way to enjoy the history.

Its not all 50 MPH. Some of it is 40 MPH.

And the Rangers are Federal police officers, they are happy to ticket anyone who challenges their authority.

klaviator

The Northern end of the parkway is pretty nice but once you start getting south about an hour or so it just gets boring.  I have had trouble staying awake on it.  While there are plenty of historical sites to stop at, the riding itself is pretty boring IMO.  There are much better roads in the area, especially up in TN.

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: Guidedawg on August 18, 2020, 09:16:50 AM

It is a great ride on a bike with cruise control and music.  I have done south to north with stops at ever historic spot, and have done north to south in one day to enjoy some of the world's best fried chicken in Lorman, MS. 

I have ridden on the Tennessee section many times on various bikes.  Not a road to ride if you are in a hurry. 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL