News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Member in Huntsville

Started by Billyjoe Jimbob, September 05, 2020, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyjoe Jimbob

Hello to all,

I'm Bill Key and I live in Huntsville. I have two VStar 1100s; one (2002 Classic w/102k on the odo) is my MMOT and the other (2001 Classic w/an unknown # on the odo) is a basket case that has hope.

I generally ride every day and enjoy long trips when I can schedule them. I'm single but don't really like large group riding...3 or 4 person groups are within my comfort zone but I really prefer either one other person or just by myself. That said, I'm pretty gregarious and enjoy being around other people, just not on the road in a group. It's just too much of a danger multiplier, IMHO.

I'm hoping that I can develop some relationships among other bikers here in the 'ville and/or the local surrounds. To that end, I'm looking to hook up with a local group but am having a devil of a time finding one that's hospitable and, at the same time, not hospital-able.

I'm very capable with bike electrical and electronic systems and acceptably capable (at least on my own bike) with mechanical and hydraulic systems. Anybody need help with a problem, just ask and, if I can help, I will. If I can't or don't know, I promise I'll tell you. No bike related drama is a good thing.

So!! Everybody give me a warm welcome and let's see where we (literally) go...

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I think you will find some friendly folks on this forum but we do tend to go out on group rides.  occasionally we'll get together for dinner or other events but mostly we like to ride.

2372ighost

Welcome from Bham. Glad you're here!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

KevinB

Sweeper

The group rides posted here are all super friendly and supportive. There can be a couple of people or ten to fifteen. You never know unless you show up for one. Nobody knows until kickstands up. You wouldn't be the first person who changed their mind about group rides after riding with these folks. :)

thinwater

Welcome from Elkmont.  I work in Huntsville and sometimes ride to work and want to do and afteroon run before home.  I prefer way back back roads and non paved roads but will run a street ride here and there.  May post a what if ride to see you're interested in the future.